The First Vogue or Other Fashion Magazine You Bought?

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by balmain1914, Aug 14, 2009.

1. balmain1914

balmain1914 Active Member

Well,I live in a poor country and it's extremely hard to buy foreign magazines.

The first VOGUE I bought is US VOGUE October 2007,yes,just an issue after the biggest September Issue.:angry:I want September Issue so much,okay,it's fate to get Otcober one.I bought it in HMV(A music store,pretty weird?)

And that's first time I saw Queen Anna's signature,too bad.An that's first time I feel how commercial this version of VOGUE is.:woot:

But lucky me,there are few articles are about Balmian and Roland mouret,also Raquel was doing some editorials wearing haute couture.

So,why not share your first feeling when you got the first VOGUE magazine?:yuk:

2. Florecita86

Florecita86 New Member

When the Spice Girls were on the cover in 1997:p I thought it was pretty edgy, at the time I was about 10 years old. Now, I do not find anything edgy about US Vogue:lol:

3. xerq

xerq !

the first and only US Vogue that I purchased... i still have it. :wub: [​IMG]
    invogue.onsugar.com

4. balmain1914

Aww....I love that cover and it would be better if that number was missing

5. xerq

xerq !

and this is the first Vogue Italia that I purchased. :heart:
    [​IMG]
    modelinia.com

#5 xerq, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Aug 14, 2009
  6. balmain1914

Will some articles be translated into English in VOGUE Paris and VOGUE Italia?

7. shimmysugar

shimmysugar New Member

OMG! me tooo! i was in 3rd grade or something. don't know where it is now though. i brought it to school and got all wrinkly coz my girlfriends borrowed it. ^_^

8. tarsha

tarsha Active Member

First Vogue I've bought was Vogue Russia July 2008 with Natasha Poly, but after that I've bought older issues than this, but first was exactly this issue.

[​IMG]

bryanboy

9. Neely

Neely New Member

Oh i love this thread already! I remember my first vogue..... My birthday is in September and my mother bought me American Vogue September 2006 with the beautiful Kirsten Dunst on the cover as Marie Antoinette. I was in love! I still have it in wonderful condition and its funny how I can now name the models and the designers better than I could three years ago when everything was so new and foreign to me ^_^

10. user.n.

user.n. New Member

My first was Vogue Paris June/July 2008 with Noémie Lenoir on the cover. :flower:
    [​IMG]
    stylefrizz

11. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

I think this thread should be renamed "First fashion magazine you bought in your life"...Vogue is a little bit limited..:flower:

Btw,my fist issue was Vogue Italia 2003 Jan with Elise:heart:

12. the Aesthetics

Mine, I remember way back then B)

[​IMG]

katemosscovers

13. balmain1914

#9 neely,your birthday is in September?Wow,that's January in fashion and Vogue is double size in that month(almost?).

14. cottonmouth13

cottonmouth13 Well-Known Member

the first Vogue that i bought was February 2002 issue of US Vogue with Sarah Jessica Parker on the cover. :)

while for other editions, the May 08 issue was my frst Vogue Italia and March 05 was my first UK Vogue. Oct. 08 was my first ogue Espana. :)

#14 cottonmouth13, Aug 14, 2009
    Last edited by moderator pepita1895: Aug 14, 2009
  15. mrsjamesdean

mrsjamesdean New Member

I didn't buy it but my first Vogue EVER was Vogue Italia August 2004 with Jessica Stam
    [​IMG]
    simplyjessicastam

So sad I was like 11 and it was given by this lady that owned a boutique next to my dads workplace and I threw it away after 5 months or so :( but it was a start of a love affair with fashion in particular :lol:

I don't remember the first vogue I brought but I'm pretty sure it was a Vogue Aus

16. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

The March 2005 issue of UK Vogue was my very first Vogue. I still remember to this day, seeing it on the newsstand.
    Unfortunately I was very stupid back then and cut it all up for the logos from the ads. Only the cover remains in pristine condition.

[​IMG]
    source | vogue.co.uk

17. LetThemEatCake

LetThemEatCake New Member

Kate looks so pretty on that cover.
    I cant find photos of either of the ones I think were my first, but it was either Gwyneth Paltrow on the cover of UK Vogue, up-close shot, she's smiling big, short blonde hair, or the other one was Claire Danes on US Vogue, its actually a really nice cover, she's sitting in a field, full body shot. This had to have been 1997.

18. LucieRibbons

LucieRibbons New Member

[​IMG]
    madonnascrapbook.blogspot.com

That was my first August 2004 Vouge Paris. I was 11; I think. I was stupid and cut it all up but I pulled the cover off and it's still safe but the rest is in tatters.

19. StellaMare

The first time I bothered to buy Vogue was when this came out:

Vogue Paris Dec/Jan 2005..
    [​IMG]
    pause.se

I lived in a smaller city back then so I didn't have access to good magazines really, but this one I ordered online. That's when I fell in love a little with Vogue Paris.

20. TheItGirl

TheItGirl Active Member

My first one was this Vogue Italia feb 08. My friend went to Italy and bought it for me. Thank God I was smart enough and didn't cut the ad pages...
    [​IMG]
    women milan