The Gentlewoman #18 F/W 2018.19 : Agnès Varda by Alasdair McLellan

I'm a sucker for headscarves. The scarf over baseball styling by Kaye is an interesting twist on athleisure. Experimentation and playing around with clothing in a clever, cheeky way is sadly lacking in the editorial work of fashion stylists these days. These days editorial fashion has less to do with styling creativity or play but shoving the obnoxious designer du jour down our throats.

Needed to deliberate for another month here, clearly

And you liked that bland appraisal of the SNP leadership? Just as the working class of Scotland walked away from that Gentlewoman and her ugly - indefensible - Football Bill (Act 2012). You need to read a bit beyond fashion magazines!

Eh, I'm low-key annoyed that you've got me defending something which involves Nicola Sturgeon, BUT.....that puff piece was pure PR stagecraft! The way the writer intellectually romanticised her inspiration and entry into politics, her obvious feminist overtones, going so far as to package her vanity in an admirable wrapping....if you're not of a very strong conviction you may very easily fall for the ploy. Their writers approach subjects with a different sensibility. There's a sense of quality with the copy. And that's what sets them apart from the rest. Subjects are mutually exclusive to writing skills. I may deplore Kim Kardashian, but if a capable writer sets his copy out in a captivating style and argued with reasonable thought, I may go so far as to applaud the piece.

As for 'you need to read a bit beyond fashion magazines', all I have to say is.....
QQE83TuIJd5RGjTSWWnusM4oXax6mlw712wE_xsKOiwUzhY5Bq9ZB_zI0hjdTRCRC61wf3DnKXSe6aTIGYGRkPNcSF8FS5kDV8cvCFM=w500-h279-nc

Gif source: Giphy.com

Eh, I'm low-key annoyed that you've got me defending something which involves Nicola Sturgeon, BUT.....that puff piece was pure PR stagecraft! The way the writer intellectually romanticised her inspiration and entry into politics, her obvious feminist overtones, going so far as to package her vanity in an admirable wrapping....if you're not of a very strong conviction you may very easily fall for the ploy. Their writers approach subjects with a different sensibility. There's a sense of quality with the copy. And that's what sets them apart from the rest. Subjects are mutually exclusive to writing skills. I may deplore Kim Kardashian, but if a capable writer sets his copy out in a captivating style and argued with reasonable thought, I may go so far as to applaud the piece.

As for 'you need to read a bit beyond fashion magazines', all I have to say is.....
QQE83TuIJd5RGjTSWWnusM4oXax6mlw712wE_xsKOiwUzhY5Bq9ZB_zI0hjdTRCRC61wf3DnKXSe6aTIGYGRkPNcSF8FS5kDV8cvCFM=w500-h279-nc

Gif source: Giphy.com

If you read beyond Gentlewoman's current negative Instagram feedback re their Tyler The Creative hype, you'll see he has indeed been disrespectful about gay women.

"Obvious feminist overtones"? Please.....

If you read beyond Gentlewoman's current negative Instagram feedback re their Tyler The Creative hype, you'll see he has indeed been disrespectful about gay women.

"Obvious feminist overtones"? Please.....

Yikes, just did, and apparently not only to lesbians, but gay guys too. And I read the mea culpa cloaked as an 'album review' on US GQ (of all editions...:sick:.)

Don't particularly care for Tyler or Frank Ocean, or anyone from that LA fold because I find them not only nauseatingly pretentious, but also reinforcing the stigmas they're so diligently working to rebel against in their communities. But self-hating gays in any sphere, and those who continue to support them, always intrigue me because over the years I've come to conclusion that their final defense is always presumably being gay themselves. As far as I can tell, Tyler never formally apologised but instead chose to put out an album underscoring his own homosexuality? How groundbreaking!

As for Fantastic Man/The Gentlewoman's involvement, maybe the interview will show a different angle. Like the one with Inez van Lamsweerde, lol. It is however a bit dismaying that they've elected to give him the cover because like I said, much deliberation goes into the cover choice. It's not like they're as sort-sighted as Vogue was to hand Kendall Jenner a cover after the Pepsi fiasco.

Yikes, just did, and apparently not only to lesbians, but gay guys too. And I read the mea culpa cloaked as an 'album review' on US GQ (of all editions...:sick:.)

Don't particularly care for Tyler or Frank Ocean, or anyone from that LA fold because I find them not only nauseatingly pretentious, but also reinforcing the stigmas they're so diligently working to rebel against in their communities. But self-hating gays in any sphere, and those who continue to support them, always intrigue me because over the years I've come to conclusion that their final defense is always presumably being gay themselves. As far as I can tell, Tyler never formally apologised but instead chose to put out an album underscoring his own homosexuality? How groundbreaking!

As for Fantastic Man/The Gentlewoman's involvement, maybe the interview will show a different angle. Like the one with Inez van Lamsweerde, lol. It is however a bit dismaying that they've elected to give him the cover because like I said, much deliberation goes into the cover choice. It's not like they're as sort-sighted as Vogue was to hand Kendall Jenner a cover after the Pepsi fiasco.

"It's not like they're as sort-sighted as Vogue was to hand Kendall Jenner a cover after the Pepsi fiasco." Are you sure? I bet Vogue sold copies which is, ultimately, their aim. And didn't publish exactly the same PR-flogged cover as higher profile competitors....

Let's chalk it all down to stupid mistakes. Not clever at all.

I think this is their first issue without photographer Zoe Ghertner - I always look forward to her work! (I have the issue)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->