The Gilded Age (HBO Drama)

vogue28

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Surely... I cannot be the only member of these forums who is absolutely OBSESSED with The Gilded Age. I got into it last week, after having been meaning to watch it for months and months, and I am HOOKED. Already binge-watched the entire first season (ten episodes) within a matter of days and just started the second. It's from the creator of Downton Abbey's Julian Fellowes, set around the lives of high-society in 1800s New York.

The period costumes are spectacular, and Carrie Coon as Bertha Russell is the star of the show! She's just utterly mesmerizing on screen.

Trailer for Season One:

Trailer for Season Two:

I loved this show - it was a wonderful indulgence.
The social norms / manners were fascinating & the costumes & sets were amazing.
I’m not a huge Cynthia Nixon fan but she was great & one of my favourite characters.

I completely forgot we have an entertainment section in this forum. Absolutely love the show, those costumes!
Agreed on Carrie Coon, seeing her and Morgan Spector together is pure gold. Can’t wait to see more of Turner and whatever drama she’ll stir up.

Larry Russell is just a cutie pie. Let me catch up on tonight’s new episode.

I'll watch this!. I just looked at the cast and omg Bill Irwin! a) glad he's still alive, b) he's amazing, never seen his acting but he used to steal industrial amounts of oranges from his neighbor and gift them to me. :holdingbacktears::rofllaughing:

I know so little about the history of NY society, and admittedly find it quite boring (so a show is the perfect way to get into it), but in the past year, I've been unintentionally catching up and the extravagance always blows my mind, very 'mr. x wanted to house his little collection of Portuguese artifacts so he built them a home' and you see the home and it's... some over-the-top palace. It's almost like there was all this money overnight and no one knew what to do with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jamon53
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->