The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo

LUXXX

Reaction score
I saw this last night and I'm so glad I did, it was amazing! I really hope the rest of the series makes it to America, but after seeing this version--a remake seems ridiculous, Noomi Rapace would be hard to replace. If people were able to sit through the sub-titles in Inglorious Basterds, I see no reason why they can't sit through this, which kept my attention from start to finish.

What do you think? Remake or not...:innocent:

^^ I was thinking who would play Lisbeth. But I am at a lost for names. None of the actresses in their 20's today have a toughness to them.

Ellen page would be good but way too young. Anyone but Natalie Portman. I would love to see an unknown.

Last edited by a moderator:
i watched the movie and it was really good - i also read the book 'girl with the dragon tattoo' and the second part 'the girl who played with fire' - both were amazing - can't wait to read part 3 and see the second movie!

^I haven't read the books, but I really should. Now, I'm curious...

is this the movie that is based on a Swedish book? is it the Swedish movie??

^yes loonaka - the books are written by the swedish writer and journalist Stieg Larsson and the movies are also swedish productions!

Apparently Kristen Stewart and Carey Mulligan are going for this role.

And it pisses me off. Hollywood needs to butt out and just accept that a European country with a European actress named Noomi Rapace actually made a damn good movie. Subtitles won't kill anybody.

I love it :D And the following movies are really good too, especially "The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest."

I'm pissed off they're remaking this. In Sweden this movie is super popular and I think it's a good movie, regardless of what language the actors are speaking - does it kill people to read subtitles?! It's sad if this is the future for so called 'foreign language' films, to be remade by Hollywood 2 years later simply because people are desperate to make a profit. It's not a foreign language film for people in Scandinavia and it doesn't need to be remade. If you get what I mean. Desperately hope Kristen Stewart doesn't get the role, she'll massacre it with all the lip biting and the running her hands through her hair thing she does.

I'm pissed off they're remaking this. In Sweden this movie is super popular and I think it's a good movie, regardless of what language the actors are speaking - does it kill people to read subtitles?! It's sad if this is the future for so called 'foreign language' films, to be remade by Hollywood 2 years later simply because people are desperate to make a profit. It's not a foreign language film for people in Scandinavia and it doesn't need to be remade. If you get what I mean. Desperately hope Kristen Stewart doesn't get the role, she'll massacre it with all the lip biting and the running her hands through her hair thing she does.

I agree, David Fincher needs to back away from this, it's so insulting to everyone involved in the Swedish production. I mean how far will they go? Using British accents in Sweden would be stupid and changing the locations to somewhere in America would be bizarre. I also fail to see how the nazi storyline will figure in--it won't as be as authentic.

Apparently Kristen Stewart and Carey Mulligan are going for this role.

And it pisses me off. Hollywood needs to butt out and just accept that a European country with a European actress named Noomi Rapace actually made a damn good movie. Subtitles won't kill anybody.
I agree! Kristen Stewart would ruin the movie. And WHY even do a remake? Like you say, subtitles isn't that hard. I don't think anyone can do this as good as Noomi Rapace. She IS Lisbeth. That's just the way it is.

Distroying the cute swedish language and the amazing actors.. Please don't :(

the Girl for the US-Hollywood version of the Trilogy has been officially anounced (no famous Carey Mulligan, Kristen Stewart, etc.:(
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo' is Rooney Mara, Sony announced Monday in a press release. Rooney, a virtual unknown, will play Lisbeth Salander in the three-movie franchise of Stieg Larsson's trilogy of novels. David Fincher is directing the film, due to start shooting in Sweden next month and due out in December 2011.

huffingtonpost.com

don't understand why they want to make a Hollywood version! I liked the Swedish version very much! Guess they are thinking about making big bucks worldwide with the right and bigger promotion than the Swedish ones had! well, that's Hollywood

I haven´t seen the movies yet so I´m can only say what friends who saw it told me, that a remake won´t be such a bad idea cause the swedish movies are no big deal, they left a lot from the books out, budget wise they´re not as big as HW movies are...

Anyway, anyone read the books? I read all three in a 1 1/2 weeks lol
At first it was hard for me to get into the first book, the pace was kinda slow but at some point it cliked for me and then I couldn´t stop reading :smile:

One thing I hate is that they´ve changed the first book title in the english version (I think the third one as well). The original is so much better imo and it´s about the "message" of the saga...

Thank god it's not Kristen Stewart or Carey Mulligan. Still fail to see the point of this though, and it bothers me that they're shooting in Sweden. The movie has already been made, leave it alone

I think they're actually trying to be more accurate (in terms of following the book) then the swedish version. And I don't see why it's an insult to the already existing film. They're both adaptations of a popular book. I don't see what's wrong with re-telling a story with a different director, writer, actors, etc. Aren't all good stories worth telling more then once? I'm so sick of the "remakes are the worst things everrr!!!!!" attitude.

Why remakes????????????????????
Why oh why!!!!

^yes loonaka - the books are written by the swedish writer and journalist Stieg Larsson and the movies are also swedish productions!
Thank you^^I thought the translation of the titel was pretty weird:lol::innocent:
I havent read the books but I've seen all three movies and I think they're pretty great. The frist one is my favourite and the best one IMO. I don't care that much about the remake since I'm curious about how they're going to do it and if they'll be any good or too American:innocent:

^No need to insult American films. There are so many genres of American films that you can't paint them with one stroke. For every big budget fantasy there are smaller films that never make it overseas. For all the criticism of American films, some of the most mind-blowing and imaginative movies have come from American filmmakers who dream big and want to bring fantasy to life. World audiences are certainly appreciative of these films as they are some of the biggest grossers of all time.

I don't get the big deal about the remake. So a movie version of a book can only be adapted in the country of the author? In this case you have a movie that has already been out a couple of years so why would a distributor invest millions trying to repackage a film that has likely already been seen by die-hard fans of the books? It is best to re-boot and promote to people who likely are not familiar with the books. It's possible the new movie will bring more people to read the books. I don’t see how this hurts anyone.

Atleast it's not Kristen Stewart or Carey Mulligan. Going to thank some higher power for that.

But a remake... So lazy, so very American. I just don't get it. This way European cinema will always stay small because American cinema will just remake the whole thing and ruin it the same time. It's a big insult to Noomi Rapace, her co-stars and the crew who worked on the Swedish movie.

One word: SUBTITLES

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->