The great hosiery debate

Come on, people, help! There is a harsh debate here on this topic and I'm not sure of the corrct answer!

i think it can work with the sheerest of the sheer, or very deliberate fishnets.

I wouldn't recommend it... but do what you feel you're comfortable with :smile:

Not appropriate. It's not as bad as hose with open toe sandals (or worse yet, hose over anklets!) but I still don't do it. The reason is that people will be able to see the wrinkles in the hose where the slingback hits, and that is what makes it tacky.

Its a fashion don't in my books.

This makes it hard for work when stockings are mandatory.

Maybe with a very very very sheer grey with black shoes but even then its a bit of a don't

Mandatory stockings is a horrible dress code... and I can see how that would make dressing for work difficult.

Originally posted by luna@Aug 16 2004, 09:59 PM
Mandatory stockings is a horrible dress code... and I can see how that would make dressing for work difficult.
[snapback]334865[/snapback]​
i agree, even though i do like stockings from time to time... :flower:

ps: stockings and slingbacks definitely is a NO! :sick:

with slingbacks, no.
but when done right, hose/fishnet can look great with sandals :blush:

would anyone wear black tights with mules during winter? :unsure:

definate no no......

however.........with pumps is great

also......i'll tell u what i love seing girls in........ankle leggings and pumps

I don't believe there is such as thing as a "Fashion No"

Surely it depends on your hose, your style of slingback, what the rest of your outfit is, what you look like, how well you can carry things off....etc etc etc etc

Personally, I hate hose and hate slingbacks singularly, so wouldn't dream of pairing them up, but if it goes with your look that day, why not?!

Originally posted by Plumour@Aug 17 2004, 08:39 AM

would anyone wear black tights with mules during winter? :unsure:
[snapback]335392[/snapback]​

I wouldn't

I am looking for some insight on whether to wear hose with my knee high leather boots or not. I moved to Chicago from Florida and need to wear suits to work and noticed many women including anchors such as Katie Couric and others.

Michelle

i am moving this to personal style ...
you are likely to get more advice and/or opinions over there i think... :flower:

and i think what you want to wear is tights...thicker than hose and possible with texture or a pattern...

btw...welcome to tfs... :wink:

yeah i like the leather knee high boots with hose, you shoud wear diamond styled hoisery, that looks like this pic, its really pretty and very sexy indeed, i've seen many people wear that around London, although its not America lol

If you are in Chicago, you're probably going to need tights or hose for warmth reasons alone.

I always do, and think that it's the proper way to wear them... However, one thing that I've started to try wearing some extra, just regular socks on top of the hose. It prevents them from getting worn out too quickly, as well as being warmer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->