Hermès... The All-Things Hermès Handbags Thread

Hubby totally surprised me today with this....its gorgeous...all i know is that its a 40cm, but im not sure if it cyclamen or vi0olet? and what leather? its very hard?

hubby is the best:heart:

Attachments

• DSC_0235.JPG
    DSC_0235.JPG
    299.9 KB · Views: 34
Cyclamen in epsom?! What a great gift you must be delighted!

I am! although my special order didn;t go through as she said the leather and color combo isnt available..but im happy enough with this one

does anyone have any info on the new shoulder birkin? whats the difference between it and between the old?

Hi Uniq - I actually ordered the new shoulder birkin in rouge garance at this July's podium. I believe the SB II is lighter than the original and also less wide at the base so that it can truly be shoulder carried. Also there are interior pockets and the hardware is similar to that of the birkin as opposed to that of the HAC which is sported by the original models. I had been warned off the shoulder birkin because of it awkwardness and weight but really loved its originality and quirkiness.

So glad to hear that you are happy with your new birkin especially after having had disappointment with your SO combo.

pict from purseblog.com

are you speaking about this one?

Attachments

• hermes_jean_paul_gaultier_birkin.jpg
    hermes_jean_paul_gaultier_birkin.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 472
Hubby totally surprised me today with this....
can yr hubby be my hubby ... ? just a day ... :lol:

http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/8194/photo979.jpg

Here is a pic of my new 35 cm, crocodile Birkin in dark brown with gold hardware. :blush:
It was a present from my father for my 20th birthday.
i already said it ... but LOVELY ! :heart:
* jealous ! *

Beautiful bag DANA! I'm sure you'll get a lot of use out of her - it's good you live in Qatar - as you don't have to worry too much about rain damaging your croc! enjoy!
you obviously forget humidity !
:wink:

I wanted to ask about men who carry Hermès ...
is there some around here ?
Coz I know s.o. working at Hermès and pretty never dare asking him if he could get me something (know he has f***ing interesting price for outfits !) such as a travel bag ...
I've grown up so eventhough in my late teen years I wouldn't mind a Birkin, i now cannot see myself with such a feminine bag in my hands ...

what are the men wearing ? and i know basically nothing about size available etc. You see I would like something like the one Dana owns but in travel size ... Does it exist ? What do exist in travel bag for men ?

berlin- thanks, im sure my husband will be flattered! :wink:

personally, I know 2 guys who carry birkins, one, who's so tiny and slim, carried a 40cm, he has one in a dark grey color and one in black, both masculen...and it looks great on him!
My other friend is very tall and always travels with a 50cm birkin...which is soo big but for travelling i guess its okay (even though 40cms are perfect for that)

So I say go ahead with it...ive seen random men i dont know caryying birkins...no one carried something in pink..all nice dark colors and the look great, i see nothing wrong with it...
and there are croc birkins (like dana's) but in travel size, but you have special order them and obviously its the price of a house but thats your decision! good luck!

Mona, thats the new one?
Grill- thats for the info...I remember trying on one of the old JPG birkins and i didnt like it because of the width..it wasnt easy to caryy...

Aris - that looks like the original JPG and not the JPG II - different hardware....

^^ thanks Uniq ....

I indeed never thought about colours like grey ... but that's a good idea !
Grey must be very cool, indeed !
(and thanks for size infos, too !)

BerlinRocks - the travel Kelly would look cool on a man in graphite or gold. Basically, I feel the bigger H Bags look better on guys - the only problem is that they weigh a tonne - all the better for toning the biceps though! Personally, I feel an exotic wouldn't be so chic on a man. Though it does depend on your own personal man-style - on the right man for example a Jige clutch could look cool but not a mini Kelly! Vert Olive is also a great masculine colour and another model to consider is the larger Gypsiere(sp?) tres unisex!

true Grill....

I took out my new bag today and boy was it heavy....i have 40cm in togo..which should be heavier i thought...but this one seemed heavy!

Btw, is it easy to get a cylamen in a 40cm? i just want to know what my husband went through to get it...or is it available usually?

openions needed:

for my next order (which is like the last will either get cancelled or take a year) what should i get?

I'm interested in either the new shoulder birkin or a HAC 32cm (for variety)

in rose shocking/ with vert anis interior/stitching, in clemence?

Or can I do a 35cm ciel birkin with white /stitching or vise versa?

what do you think? from what i understand all are available to order- or do you have other combos i may think of?:blush:

^ Uniq - did you ever get an outsize Kelly - a 40cm in souple construction?! Well, if you did that's great but if not why not consider this as an option for your next bag. The Kelly Flat a la Carla Bruni Sarkozy is imo a cool contender.

To be honest with your new Cyclamen and beloved BJ both Birkins that you already own - the colour choices you suggest above seem to me to be very close.

Otherwise do you have a white clemence birkin 35cm like Leyla_M - that's beautiful too - and would be stunning either as a Kelly 40 or a Shoulder Birkin. These are just suggestions but as I know you have a lot of the classic 35cm I think you should mix your collection up a bit more in terms of styles.

you are right...Ive always thought about a kelly..and now im tempted by a shoulder birkin since they are lighter...and with one child and another on the way...a shoulder bag is mush more practical..(i still carry my birkins, but not when im pushing the pram!)

I don't own any white..it would be pretty in white..with PH?...

Hi Uniq - I've been trying to get a pic for you that has been posted and drooled over on the purse forum. It's of a pretty, stylish girl toting a 40cm Cyclamen Kelly with the shoulder strap. Obviously, I haven't been able to get it but I recommend you take a brief look on their forums for inspiration. White would be TDF!

Personally, I'd advise the Kelly over the Shoulder Birkin particularly if you're concerned about weight and portability as the Kellys do all come with shoulder straps and you also have the option of ordering the canvas straps for a funkier updated look.

ooh nice!

I know which girl you are talking about "personally" and it did look good on her!!

So I'll opt for a kelly then, 40cm, are there different models of kellys? (you mentioned kelly flat" ?

I'm just afraid of the white getting dirty...and will white look good on a 40cm kelly?

^ White will look fabulous in a Kelly 40 cm. The kelly flat is a different model altogther and comes only in one size and in swift leather. If you have an opportunity - I'd have a quick browse on Purse Forum or even better a quick trip to FSH to check the styles out in person. ( I know that you're pregnant and that a Paris visit would most likely be impossible!) Also another tip - why don't you ask your Husband which he'd most like to see you carrying next as it looks like he knows your tastes well!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->