The Jumpsuit...

I'm going to pour out a nice, steaming cup of "no thanks!"

I had two different jumpsuit-y type things back in the day, and both were Wedgie City, USA.

fernanda tavares on the cover of australian vogue.

Attachments

• Vogue Australia.jpg
    Vogue Australia.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 3
I am a huge fan of them!
They are all so pretty, esp the ones you posted SoCalledPrep!

devo.jpg

devo

OMG Prep this is my all time favorite piece of clothing!!!!!!!!
00090f.jpg

:heart: :heart: :heart: I dont think anyone could ever do a better jumpsuit!
I like the others but this one tops them all.

i totally agree with you it looks as if unfinished but finished... sloppy but neat :smile:

I just got a beautiful Vintage Diane Von Furstenberg wrap jumpsuit...but I'm too tall for it, which breaks my heart...it is gorgeous and now I'll have to get rid of it :(

Question for Prep:

on your post (#9) where can I find that? Where is it sold? :ninja:

jumpsuit i actually like

I'm not a big fan of jumpsuits, most likely because I'm short & I feel like they make me look even shorter. But, I adore this one by Imitation of Christ from their Fall 2005 collection.

1.jpg

<edited>Sorry, I'm a newbie! I didn't search first - I'll do so now and if I can't find anything, I'll remove the post...<edited>

Hiya,

I see that the jumpsuit is making a comeback - mostly in satin and other "touchy" fabrics. To me, it's really sexy, but how do you rock this look like this without looking like a 5 year-old??

What kind of body shape do you think that this would look best on?

Any ideas or opinions would be gladly appreciated! :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always seen jumpsuits as formal or even semi-formal. Does this mean the likelyhood of seeing jersey knit jumpsuits more often on femmes? Not if there's a hot look that can go around. Such a garment requires a lovely top portion combined with a nice set of pants altogether as one complete outfit. The most encouraging news for some femmes is that there's no worries of bending over backwards and providing an uncomfortable view from the rear.

I've never hated jumpsuits. I personally wouldn't go for any jumpsuits. I have always considered jumpsuits as a pants alternative to dresses. A jumpsuit has to be every bit as wearable and stylish as a dress. I've best loved palazzo pant jumpsuits. They give you that dress look while being more forgiving as you're wearing pants. I've seen everything from bell bottom jumpsuits to gaucho/culotte jumpsuits (not real fond of gaucho jumpsuits, maybe since seeing a pair offered from Daisy Maze). Blue and red jumpsuits are very nice ones. I usually love any jumpsuit that's dressy and wearable as any regular dress. Black and white are also great choices. If it were up to me, I'd probably go with some kind of halter-type jumpsuit with either bootcut-style or palazzo pant legs.

My imaginary jumpsuit look is this:
* black jumpsuit with a halter neck design
* sparkly accents to add a little glamour
* palazzo pant legs
* strappy, sparkly silver or white sandals

I see jumpsuits as almost completely semi-formal or formal. I do love the McQueen F04 jumpsuit from Post #1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->