The Knife

milamar

Reaction score
Since The Knife still has no individual thread, I guess it's high time we change it! ^_^ For me, The Knife was my top music discovery of 2005 (started with the great single Pass This On overheard on BBC Radio 1's Blue Room). Now, with their recent album, Silent Shout, I'm not just an enthusiast but a true fan.

As you can read on their official site: http://www.theknife.net - The Knife is Olof Dreijer and Karin Dreijer Andersson. They are based in Stockholm, Sweden and have made music together since 1999. So far, their discography contains four LPs:

2006 – ”Silent Shout”
2003 – ”Hannah med H Soundtrack”
2003 – “Deep Cuts”
2001 – “The Knife

Those of you who may not know the band will perhaps recognize Karin as the singer on the Royksopp single, What Else Is There.

I´m glad someone started this thread! Good job milamar! :smile:
I love The Knife and the song Karin made with Royksopp is wonderful, I listen to it over and over..

Thought I'd bump this. Amazing band, I can't believe this doesn't have more replies!

Marble House <3

Yes!!

I love The Knife. tifa, I also wonder why there aren't more comments. I am sure there are more fans on tfs; did you notice that Spacemiu's avatar is of Olof?

I adore Heartbeats as well :wub: and the entire Silent Shout album. And I mean, the entire album. To like every single song on an album is such a rare thing for me, so that's saying a lot about how much I love the band.

Actually, I am a little obsessed with them. :blush: Their music videos, their conceptual live light shows...and the music, of course! I first became interested in them when I read a review of them in some random indie music mag last year. The review drew a comparison between The Knife and David Lynch. That's when I knew I had to research them....

The Knife rocks!

i just heard about them as i had stumbled onto another artist who collaborated with them...planningtorock!! both really great!

it's my favourite knife song too. the singer has such a great voice. she also collaborated with royksopp on a song called 'what else is there' :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
Here are, IMO, some of their most interesting videos (I especially like the ones for We Share Our Mother's Health and Pass This On) from youtube.

We Share Our Mother's Health

Heartbeats

Silent Shout

Pass This On

..and one more:

Marble House

P.S. Thank you tifa for bumping this thread - they're amazing, indeed :flower:

No problem, dear, I'm just glad they have a thread :smile:

'Pass This On' , what a brilliant video..

When I first heard Heartbeats, I thought it was the worst cover I had ever heard. Until I found out it was the original. I laughed so hard.

Crazy fan over here too!!!

Its such a great experience listen to the entire Deep Cuts album and then, listening it all over again. To me its all about Pass this on:heart:, You take my breath away and Listen now... great vibe from those swedish babes.
But i cant believe it hasnt been posted the You take my breath away video!!! Its just that cool! We all need to start dancing like them:

Deep cuts must be one of the best albums of the 00's so far.
I'm less keen on silent shout.
How sad that even some of their own fans think they covered Heartbeats !

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connor44
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->