The Knife

^its an amazing song...but I can see why someone on first listen could think it was an 80's cover. It certainly has that overall sound and vibe to it, but the thing about the Knife is that they are able to take that element and make it into something totally orginal and their own. The sign of true artists.

I was lucky enough to see them back in March...it was awesome, but too short!!!

Oh and also, Jose Gonzales actually did cover "Heartbeats"

Oh I'm the biggest fan since 2002 :wub:
I also recommend the band called Honey is cool. Karin was the singer of this band before The Knife. I love her :heart:

Recently discovered them as their songs were played at Givenchy shows.

My favourite is Heartbeat and the captain. Both live versions...

Ohh I long to have the actual tracks....

This thread is so unbelievably short. I love the knife.
It started as a sort of love-hate relationship for me. Everytime I heard a new song, I'd be appalled and confused, but the beat would refuse to leave my head. The more I heard it the more I liked it, and I ended up loving it.
Love: Bird, Heartbeats, Is it medicine (it's awfully catchy), like a pen, we share our mother's health, pass this on, and What else is there w/royksopp. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I dont think they are doing any more music. I heard they were pretty much shutting it down after they did a very sparse US tour last Nov...and I havent heard any new news on them in over a year.

I got to see them play a show, and for that I think I am very lucky

I love their music!

I especially love the live version of Hearbeats they did, which was used in the Givenchy Spring 2008 show.

Perfect.

Their songs are used a lot in shows. Especially at Givenchy.

i adore the knife so much. every month or so i find a new song of theirs that i love and can't stop listening to!

Swedish forest, warm summer night, dusk, two huuuge speakers on each side of the stage, and... two behind where we were standing. Live surround sound. A transparent screen in front of the screen with the wierdest coloured projections. the members on the scene, just visible by the light their blacklight-sensitive masks/makeup radiates.

AMAZING!
I really reccomend their live-DVD, it's magic!

I love them. I just discovered them. Fantastic band I wish I could see/hear them somewhere.

There should be a thread about Fever Ray, Karins solo project!!

It's AMAZING!!!

I loooove her voice since she sang Royksopp's What Else Is There, but I only like 3 songs of them (you take my breath away, heartbeats and neverland)

I just danced my **** off to Fever Ray live at the Arvika festival. GOD I love that woman!

^^ Whoops, obviously I didn't mean girl! :P My eye caught nicestthing's avi and user profile. Sorry hun...lucky boy nonetheless :P:flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
connor44
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->