The Kooples F/W 2020.21 by Hugo Comte

Benn98

Reaction score
Photographer: Hugo Comte
Artistic Director: Tom van Dorpe
Hair: Pierre Saint Sever
Makeup: Cecile Paravina
Cast: Marie Lou Gomis, Youssou Chop, Marjan Jonkman, Sakua Kambong, Ayesha Djwala, Daanisj Mahabier, Anamaria Cioboata, Anania, Axel Hermann, Matthieu Villot, Zacharie Villot, Gaïa Orgeas

Elle France Digital Edition

New direction! Hugo doing his Meisel!!

I guess it reads as “cool” but still have no desire to be part of this world lol

Come on guys, we can't accuse Hugo of copying Meisel, when even Steven isn't that original... As much as (love) Meisel is excellent, he drank a lot from Avedon's fountain, even from Lindbergh!

Hugo has said publicly that 90's Meisel for him is the paramount of imagery. So yeah, he is copying him. Meisel was a known copycat in the industry, the reason he got away with it was because they'd say he'd steal your idea but make it better. Is this happening here?

I can't bring myself to hate Hugo's work. Yeah, it's so Meisel, but like others have mentioned, Meisel referenced every photographer in the book, many times over, throughout his career.

I guess the problem with Hugo is that Meisel is his ONLY reference...he would serve himself well if he could broaden his perspective a bit.

Hugo has said publicly that 90's Meisel for him is the paramount of imagery. So yeah, he is copying him. Meisel was a known copycat in the industry, the reason he got away with it was because they'd say he'd steal your idea but make it better. Is this happening here?
I see it more as an inspiration than as a copy!

UK Harper's Bazaar Digital Edition

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->