The L word *Spoilers*

Urban Stylin

ɐʎ ʎǝɥ
Reaction score
what do u guys think of it? I jumped into the bandwagon late but i believe it helps one understand lesbian. Its not too stereotypical and doesnt portray them like i always thot they were angry and tough. and Karina Lombard is HOT!

The L Word... is that on Showtime or some specialty channel like that, with Jennifer Beals? I've always dug her. :smile:

I love this show! I won't be able to see S3 for aaages though because I live in the UK :cry:

was karina lombard a model once coz she looks familiaralso does anyone know if some of the actresses are actually lesbians

Urban Stylin said:
was karina lombard a model once coz she looks familiaralso does anyone know if some of the actresses are actually lesbians
acc. to her imdb page http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0518312/bio she's done a bit of modeling along with a bit of everything else. she wasn't in season 2--didn't her character kill herself at the end of s1, over jenny (of all people :lol: sorry, shouldn't laugh :( :innocent: ).
overall i thought s2 was a disappointment--the new characters were uninteresting (or total creeps), and it got maudlin toward the end with ossie davis' death which went on forever, like, sorry but die already. my biggest whine (i'm on a roll!) was that it wasn't nearly as funny. i missed the male lesbian, for instance, or the way dana fairbank's personal manager (assistant?) managed to move in, kill her cat, and take possession of her life and her wardrobe.
i'd like to hear other people's opinions.
haven't seen s3, though, b/c i don't have showtime, rented the first two on dvd.
oh, and i thought the sex scenes in s1 were hotter. :blush:
it's a v. good show, well produced (i just learned it's shot in vancouver bc, seems like a lot of film/tv is there now), with good actors. mia kirshner's character may be annoying but she's a good actor, i think and leisha hayley (alice) is v. funny. i hope s3 picked up some...:flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
I really like it:blush: . Here in Italy we're currently seeing season1 so thanks for telling me that Marina dies...:cry:
Whatever, I love Shane!:lol:

i was disappointed too. the first season was totally new and fresh and i loved how at the beginning they showed a clip that tied in with the storyline. i think, for me, it became just a little bit too soap opera-y but i did like how they weren't afraid to tell jenny's story.

ps marina attempted suicide she doesn't die

jenny is very interesting childlike but lso very stubborn

I really like her:heart:
I've seen a lot of her movie and I think she's also a really good actress.

From google images (I guess)

^^^ this girl is stunningly beautiful in person. much prettier than on TV. i like her best with short hair. really brings out her eyes. she's one of the best actresses on that show. i hope it is just a vehicle for bigger things for her. :flower:

:lol: i know...seems impossible but it ain't. :wink: when i saw her i didn't know who she was but i couldn't take my eyes off of her. she hasl presence and really stands out.

jenny's style is my fave also the main character wears some really good suits

btw is any of the actresses a lesbian in real life? jus curious coz they seem to be very comfortable doing the steamy scenes

I've never seen this show so have no idea what you're talking about ... someone please enlighten me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->