The Leg Thread - Toning, Firming and Questions

Ashleigh

Reaction score
Does anyone know any good thigh exercises? I’ve got the rest of the body covered but nothing at the gym is working on my thighs. :evil:

Ah yes! Plies! Ballet plies :D They will definately strengthen your thighs.

I do them while I'm brushing my teeth in the morning.

DO walking lunges w/ a small pound weights... I use 3 lbs.
they work VERY WELL!!
But don't do too many at once, I did this and couldn't move for more 3 days! :mad:
But they are awesome!

Ballet plies work very well too! it's the same concept.

There's also those machines at the gym that work your thighs inside and out... I can' t remember what they're called but you sit and open you legs as wide as possible and push in and the other you sit with legs close together and push out. They work well too.

Good Luck!!
:D

really? There are two very popular machines at my gym but I don't know the names of them. I will find out and get back to you.

You try the Pre- core!

the cheapest and the most efficient one--climb the stairs.

i live in walk-up building at the 3th Floor, mine is the living proof that by climbing the stairs regularly your butt and thighs get to work out, mine are in good shape now.

jeah do lunges, but with no weights. just go for a quarter of a mile or so and you will be set.

What can help get legs like these, like the ones of Soccer Players and Supermodels? Any recomendations?

:wink: i already got myself a pair....try running
as you're young and male it should be easy to get a toned body

I ride horses English saddleseat which involves a lot of thigh and calf muscle.

ooh...it's tough to get legs like THOSE unless you're born with thin legs like those. :smile:

Like Acid said, though - running is GREAT. I ran a lot last summer and had great legs. Also...another really effective way to tone is kickboxing or doing kick exercises in the air. Works your legs AND butt. Also - biking is great.

I'm a waitress so I already have legs like those.

The secret is to always have your legs moving (like running, walking or on a bicycle).

I dance and do yoga, so my legs are really toned. also pilates are supposed to be great for toning your legs but also keeping them slender.

Originally posted by Lush@Sep 1st, 2003 - 1:23 pm
lunges, lunges, and more lunges!
Dread the "L" word :ninja:

Get one of those big balls(like $20-30 bucks tops or just use the ones at the gym) and put it up against a wall and level it with your lower back. Feet shoulder wit apart and do a few reps of squats. Its been helping my thighs out quite a bit!

i would say SWIMMING!!!!!!

definately......because if you're doing anything on land you could risk making your thighs all muscly which isnt so good as when you get older the thigh muscle sags and it will make your knee become all mushy looking.

if you're in the water, you're toning your legs really efficiently and the more you put into it.....the more difference you will see....so you have complete control on it. you'll be toning your legs even when you're barely moving

stand up strait, do knee bends without pulling yourself up with arms. Do total leg strength.No upper body help. Worx.

:wacko: :wacko: Hey~ do y'all have any suggestions on losing thigh mass? I'm a dancer, but mainly into jazz, so I have big, bulky outer thigh muscles that make the insides look fat- what to do? No guys will even talk to me if they see me in a swim suit.. and it's not because of the waist up.... Help!

I used to have the same problem. What helped me is a lot of exercise. I'd go to the gym for a whole week and exercise that area. Then I'd take a week off drinking a lot of water and relaxing my legs by not doing too much walking.

In about a month my thighs had shrunk.

Right now it's a little hard to get back into that routine only because it's too cold to go the gym :innocent: :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->