The Leg Thread - Toning, Firming and Questions

I also heard that Pilates are good. Did anyone try Mauries Pilates, or hear about them. I'm curious if they work, thinking about getting them????

Hi All,

Just wondering...am I the only one who has tried doing squats and lunges wearing high heels. I got the idea from the toned sexy legs all dancers seem to have so I tried it at home. It really gave my thighs a hard workout. In particular wide squats in high heels really get to that inner thigh area. If you haven't tried it, I suggest you give it a go - it works for me!
Charlotte

it may give your thighs a workout, but it is very hard on the knees and not a good idea. if you want to up the intensity of your leg exercises, use weights (or pop bottles, or bricks, etc) or go lower into the exercises at a single count pace instead of a steady slow one. and make sure your knees are always above your ankles - that crucial factor is hard to achieve when in the unbalanced state of wearing heels.

Excercises to lose inches on waist and thighes

Hi everyone :smile: long time reader, first time poster :wink:

I was wondering what type of excercise could I do, at home, to lose inches on my waist and thighs. I would love to go to a gym, but I can't because I'm too young, and I'm busy everyday after school except for on Wednesdays, plus homework and other stuff.

First of all, there's no such thing as spot reduction.

I completely understand being busy, but if you really want to see changes, wake up 30 minutes earlier and squeeze in a mini Pilates session. Pilates is excellent for (esp.) the waist as you're always working your core.
As for those beloved thighs, nothing is better than squats and lunges.
Pilates/squats/lunges etc are all about strengthening and flexibility (pilates). But to get rid of centimetres you have to get rid of body fat - and that calls for the one word i hate: cardio. :yuk: So Imc1211 probably gave you the best advice: "walk your *** off and cut calories."

Just be patient though. good luck :wink:

Go running. It's free. It only takes 20 minutes or less for a decent run. It's the best excercise there is. It burns fat. It builds thigh, calf and stomach muscle.

PrinceOfCats said:
Go running. It's free. It only takes 20 minutes or less for a decent run. It's the best excercise there is. It burns fat. It builds thigh, calf and stomach muscle.

I agree. Running is the best exercise for calorie burning. If you only do 20 mins try running at fast and slow intervals either graduated peaks or intervals of say 1 minute fast two minutes slow. This will burn more cals after you stop running too.;

Cardio, cardio, cardio! It does wonders. Throw in strength-training exercises and a healthy, well-balanced diet, and you'll soon be in supreme shape.

The dreaded cardio...I hate it!

I guess I can ask here... will too much running give me thighs like Britney Spears though? I'd like slim legs as opposed to muscle.

Running won't likely bulk up your muscles so much as define them and slenderize you overall.

Now if you want to get some whompin-stompin' legs, take up bicycling. Believe me, I know. I've got Beyonce-style gams, myself.

I used to be a dancer and all the Plies and Jetes made my calves and thighs bulk up (very toned though) but now that I no longer dance, I've found that by walking (moderately) a few times a week and by doing Pilates (15-20 mins 3 times a week), my legs have gotten more slender.

They've gotten more slender mainly because I no longer dance and the muscle just went away (replaced by fat...*cries*)

There are many waist exercises such as side bends, torso twists and hip extensions that are great to help tone the muscles around the waist and hip area but they do not reduce fat. The best things to do are exercises like rowing, swimming and walking...good luck!

versace_goddess said:
if you have the money spare just do endermology treatments... others sweat :flower:

hmm where do you do endermology treatments? and generally how much does it cost?

Skipping = Muscle?

Hi Guys:flower:

I've decided I need a no fuss excersise to do just to keep me healthy and toned. I keep reading that skipping is good, but does it make your legs go muscley? Because I sooooo don't want that.

If it does do you have any exercises that won't create muscle or like bulky muscle?

thnx^_^

Hmm, never knew skipping was a good exericse..

Depends on each person, but aerobics/yoga is a nice all-around exercise for toning and health. Maybe look into that? Keep in mind that you'd have to do the activity pretty darn intensely to get the bulky muscles :muscles:

kewl thanx...yes I really want to do yoga but I'm kind of sick and don't really have time, I do a few exericises froma book:smile:

Skipping is VERY good for you as well as toning you up it helps your heart and prevents heart disease!

good idea...easy, fun, aerobic and costs nothing...can be done at home...no fancy equipment necessary...

i might join you acester...
skip skip skip to my lou...my darling...^_^

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mirrormodel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->