The MAC Makeup thread

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Moe, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mindbear

Mindbear New Member

It's not too sheer, but it's a better option if you don't want that full on black lips look. Problem I find is that it comes off really easily. So annoying!

2. BellaCouture

BellaCouture New Member

Does anyone here know when the Warm & Cozy collection will be out in Europe? :flower: TIA

#2762 BellaCouture, Dec 20, 2009
    Last edited by moderator ccorttinove: Dec 20, 2009
  3. Ianastar

Ianastar New Member

I love SS foundation. You can do a sheer coverage with it, or build it up. ITs very natural, semi-matte finish and looks very light and natural on the skin.

Great for photos!!

4. Mindbear

Mindbear New Member

I love the SS finish, it's amazing, but sadly on my oily skin it basically floats off and separates and looks dreadful, despite lots of skin prep, matt primer and oil control lotion.

5. roisin

roisin New Member

I want to get the mineralize skin finish natural soooo bad. I know I don't need it but I feel compelled to get it!! Same with the Fix+...unneccesary, but I feel like I have to have it :(

6. poptheglock

poptheglock New Member

studio sculpt foundation + mineralize skin finish natural = greatest skin ever!

7. stellachiara

stellachiara New Member

I second that! :magic:

8. posey

posey New Member

do you guys know what are the next mac collections coming out?

9. Ianastar

Ianastar New Member

I agree!!!

Posey - Warm and Cozy and Love Lace just launched. The next ones to launch are Lillyland (Jan 7th I think??)

10. Mindbear

Mindbear New Member

Why is it that the foundation gives me an amazing finish, but in an hour it separates and floats off my skin and looks TERRIBLE. I prime, I powder, and I do everything I should!

11. poptheglock

poptheglock New Member

Im not sure but I think that SS foundation is more suitable for people with normal to dry/very dry skin. If you have oily skin the foundation tends to "float off" so to speak.

What primer are you using?

12. Mindbear

Mindbear New Member

I'm using either Illamasqua matte primer or becca mattifying primer, plus mac oil control lotion and chanel oil control moisturiser. I love the full coverage of SS, it's just such a shame that it can't look like it on me for more than an hour.

p.s. nice user name btw....apparently she'll finally have an album out in 2010...

13. poptheglock

poptheglock New Member

^ Yeah, that sucks! But (a good but!), yesterday I heard that if you have a really good moisturizer suitable for your skin, you can use whatever foundation you want to use! So maybe you can try to change your moisturizer? If you think it's worth it?

Ps. Album out 2010? Good news :smile:

14. michyed

michyed THE STRANGER

The Spring Forecast lipsticks look so tempting. I just got the Glaze Frou lipstick but I think these look way better...

I love the shade of gold on her lips!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    temptalia

15. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

^:lol: Lemming!

I want this blush, only because it looks cool
    [​IMG]
    temptalia

16. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

I agree with you the_ida..that blush looks like something I could eat^^

17. Mindbear

Mindbear New Member

Well I'd happily invest in that, but I don't know where to start! I'd love to be able to wear SS foundation, it's so perfecting, if only for an hour on me!

18. michyed

michyed THE STRANGER

^^^ That blush looks like an apple/orange! I want to eat it too :ninja:

19. loonaka

loonaka Active Member

I'll eat mine if you eat yours Michy^^

20. thesiren

thesiren New Member

i visited my family for the holidays and went to the CCO twice.

i scored so many staple brushes include the 119, 224, large kabuki and a few others. i am in heaven!

as far as makeup, i bought a gold cream shadow from the metal collection eons ago, as well as an MSF from that cupcake collection in the spring. i haven't used an MSF in a very long time, and i am LOVING IT! it is so versatile. mine is perfect topping and perfectly suits my fair skin. it adds a glow without being over the top or a bronzer. so many MSF have a red or gold undertone that just do not suit my skin.

i also bought another MSF that i can't ID the collection of. it looks like it's half of a MSF natural and half or a regular MSF? i forget the name of the color atm, and my crap is all packed up still, so i'll have to dig it out later. at any rate, i love it!

i also scored two of the mineralize eye shadows. no clue what collection they're from either. both are duos in one pan. one is half champagne, and half sage, while the other is a bright gold on one side and a deep red on the other. i was afraid of the red at first, but it is gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous on.

i saw love lace and soft and cozy on saturday and both were meh. i had planned on getting mulled cider, but it looks very different irl than on temptalia. still kind of want the love lace shadow, but i have plenty of other shadows that can mimic that effect, so i may pass.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.