The MAC Makeup thread

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by Moe, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thesiren

thesiren New Member

my sister bought a mineralize shadow and gave it to me because i was nuts for the color. it is split with a gold color at the top and a red-bronze on bottom. can anyone tell me what collection this is from? i cannot find it at any MAC counter and after it broke, i tried to get it back together and it came out OK, but has terrible fallout because i was too impatient to order a mixing medium and only used rubbing alcohol to press it back.

i think it may be from the same collection as brightside/gallery gal, another mineralize duo i have. i love the texture of these shadows, but they are not the same as some of the other mineralize shadows (example, the holiday mineralize shadows were ridiculously glittery).

2. diamondeyes

diamondeyes New Member

i wanted to try mac for so long, but unfortunately there's not a store or even a concession anywhere near where i live
    but when i visited london a few months ago i had a consultation and i was amazed by their products! ^_^

i have very pale skin, and they actually had a shade of foundation that matched :D
    i use the foundation, consealer and powder as that's all i could afford at the time

after seeing it in a magazine i just ordered the new sweet orange and lavender essential oil from their website, i find sometimes the foundation makes my skin look a bit flakey so i'm going to apply the oil first (or maybe mix it with the foundation)
    i also ordered a lipstick in shade 'gel'
    i really hope the colour is ok, it's so hard to tell on the site what the colours are like!

3. diamondeyes

diamondeyes New Member

4. Jennyfer

Jennyfer New Member

I completely recommend it! :smile:

5. beduina

beduina New Member

^ i bought it, only used about 3 times and my lips are back to normal i have to say so, i recommend it too

6. Larita

Larita New Member

Any recommendations for a bright nude eye shadow?
    I'm thinking of getting Shroom, but I'm not sure since the lighting in the MAC store really sucks and I couldn't really decide. :shock:

[​IMG]

source: maccosmetics.com

7. iLoveCouture

iLoveCouture catch me if you can

I have shroom - its a nice one. I often use it as a highlighter. Have you also looked at Naked Lunch?

8. Larita

Larita New Member

A highlighter eyeshadow is exactly what I'm looking for! Isn't Naked Lunch a bit pinky for a highlighter?

9. she_said

she_said Member

It's more pinkish compared to Shroom, yes. I have fair skin + Shroom is nearly invisible, whilst Naked Lunch is _there_. I love both. Have a look at Jest, too - it's very similar to Naked Lunch. A bit more beige though. Both do "shine" on the eye whilst, as I said, Shroom is barely there :flower:

10. diamondeyes

diamondeyes New Member

have any of you used the fixing spray?
    i want it, but not sure how useful it would be
    i did some googling, just looking for reviews etc and i found a post on a beauty forum saying that making up your own spray bottle of rose water works the same way, i may try that instead!

11. Jennyfer

Jennyfer New Member

The Make Up Brush cleaner is quite good but Ive heard using shampoo is just as good, so maybe I should save myself €12. It does take a lot to get the brush completely clean too!

12. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Those oils are not for the face. I don't care if they tell you to, but essential oils are very likely to cause allergies. You can use regular jojoba oil, same effect, no allergic reactions.

13. Larita

Larita New Member

Thank you iLoveCouture and she said, I'll check them out both!

14. xxilovepinkxx

xxilovepinkxx New Member

I use Nylon as a highlighter and it is a beautiful colour. Ricepaper is really nice too.

15. diamondeyes

diamondeyes New Member

^ ida, i have used the oil a few times and it is amazing
    very gentle, and a nice moisturiser
    it gives a nice glow under foundation without making it look greasy
    it is made mostly of natural ingredients, so i dont think it should cause any allergies

16. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Most natural ingredients cause more allergic reactions than the synthetic ones :flower: Just so you know it.

17. poptheglock

poptheglock New Member

giiirls, any suggestion on a nice "nude" lipstick/lipgloss? what about "underage"?

18. diamondeyes

diamondeyes New Member

oh i see! :flower:
    well i have super sensitive skin, so i find i can only use skincare made of natural ingredients, anything else is too strong and makes my skin break out
    so the oil is perfect for me, i can use it with my natural organic skincare ^_^

19. Jennyfer

Jennyfer New Member

I bought the tinted lip conditioner in Close For Comfort at the weekend and am in love! The colour is so perfect for me :smile:

20. Legyviel

Legyviel in the mood for love

I'm really liking the Prep+Prime eye primer. Works very well on me!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.