The MAC Makeup thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i bought the mac lady gaga lipstick this weekend at my local macys store.
its nice and comes in cute packaging.

i read that she normally wears a very similar shade. i forget the name though!

Gaga & Cyndi are limited edition but they'll be available for a year - check with your counter because there's always a rush when these things come out, but at least when the initial buzz is worn off they'll still be sold for a while. :flower:

So the Viva Glam Gaga lipstick comes out on March 18! I'm not very familiar with how MAC does things...it says that it's limited edition and I'm wondering, would I need to preorder it? Do they even let you do that? Not only am I a huge fan of Gaga, but I've been dying to get a light pink lipstick for a while now, so this seems perfect!

maccosmetics.com

What so you guys think about Blot Powder?
I'm thinking about purchasing it,but I heard some people had broke out because of it,and I have pretty much sensitive skin...

Does anyone know if MAC has any eyeshadow/paint pot colors similar to this?

alexanderwang038113352.jpg

wwd

What so you guys think about Blot Powder?
I'm thinking about purchasing it,but I heard some people had broke out because of it,and I have pretty much sensitive skin...

I quite liked the blot powder. It definitely does what it's supposed to! It was very good at mattifying and it didn't make me break out either and my skin can be quite sensitive to breakouts, especially when using a product for the firs time. I stopped using it because I wanted something with a more coverage though.

Does anyone know if MAC has any eyeshadow/paint pot colors similar to this?

wwd

Four days into NYFW and already certain inspirational phrases have become ubiquitous: Descriptive words like “early nineties,” “a bit grunge,” and “kind of tomboyish” have rung out backstage from RVCA x Erin Wasson and Rag & Bone to last night’s Alexander Wang show. To get this increasingly popular look, Wang’s makeup artist Diane Kendal kept models’ skin clean and focused her attention on the eyes, applying MAC’s Paint Stick in Brown over a Sepia Cream Colour Base that she took all the way up to the brow for a dark, greasy effect. Dark and greasy also seemed to motivate hairstylist Guido Palau, who sculpted glorified combovers, creating low, deep parts that he flattened with Redken’s Forceful hair spray and set with a few blasts from the blow-dryer. Both elements helped make Wang’s show—a lot more sophisticated and polished than it’s been in the past—as cool and hip as ever, which is what keeps his fans coming back for more.
style.com

^_^

i was told by a MUA working the wang show that the greasepaint used will be apart of that big collection of GPs that's going to be released.

Rodarte for MAC

MAC, RODARTE TEAM UP FOR COLOR: MAC Cosmetics and Rodarte will collaborate in the fall to produce a limited edition color cosmetics collection. Due in September, the line is inspired by Rodarte’s fall 2010 show and is expected to be available in all MAC doors globally. MAC has provided makeup artistry support to Rodarte’s runway shows since 2006, including today’s show.

Source: WWD.com

there is extra light in MAC's mineral loose foundation. had anyone tried that?

rodarte face chart for fall using the the mac collection

nitrolicious.com

Sorry if this has been discussed earlier in the thread but, does anyone have any experience with MAC's face and body, for use on legs? MAC foundation tends to break me out so I doubt I'd use it for face and I'm happy with Chanel Pro Lumiere but I would love to use it for legs, my legs are so blotchy looking and the skintone is so uneven! Has anyone tried the foundation for their legs?

^Face & Body does not break me out, ever. It is very very light and you can't feel it at all. I haven't used it on my legs though.

Does anyone else have problems with the black haired face brushes from MAC?
I recently got a 131 and while the white hairs are very soft I can't buff the products in with the black hairs because they are so scratchy on my face.
The same happened to me with a 109 brush that I ended up swapping away.
The white haired brushes are soft enough, as well as the 165. Oh and I buy all of them 100% authentic, just so you know that I am not complaining about the quality of fakes :wink:

^ I got the buff brush b/c I was having the same issue with my BareMinerals buffer brush. I used a brush cleaner on it and it softened it a bit, but over time with use it has gotten softer.

Eimii, I have used the face & body on my legs before and I like it. I only ever use it if I'm going out & wearing something short, as I have bruises on my really white legs and it's a bit unsightly (I have no idea how I get them! :() They don't completely cover them, but it does a decent job. Like The_Ida said, it's very light. Also, I break out with MAC foundation as well, but face & body doesn't do anything to my skin, so it hopefully shouldn't be a problem for you either :flower:

i bought the mac lady gaga lipstick this weekend at my local macys store.
its nice and comes in cute packaging.

i read that she normally wears a very similar shade. i forget the name though!

Oh so it's out already? I thought it comes out in march? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys. I usually wear my Russian Red lipstick with a red liner but I've been told recently to try it with a clear liner I can get at the local drug store? Apparently to prevent the lipstick from bleeding. I've never had that problem before but was wondering if a clear liner is the way to go opposed to a red one? :flower:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"