The MAC Makeup thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I absolutely love their eyeshadows!!! I heard that their foundation can be bad for your skin though...my friend had near perfect skin..started wearing their foundation and skincare products and she started breaking out like crazy...stopped using the products and now her skin is back to normal! I guess you should beware if you have sensitive skin...:unsure:

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Dec 31st, 2003 - 1:54 pm
i looooove the irridescent powder ( i wear golden bronze) :heart:

pGLSMACF-752455r200.jpg
i wear the same -- it's booootyful :blush: :heart:

all I use from MAC is the White Frost eye shadow, I use it alone to brighten up my eye area or as an eye shadow base. it's been working great and is one of my must-haves. :heart:
however, I really hated their powder, I remember it's the studio fix. not smooth enough, doesn't blend with the skin, just sits there and look very powdery :yuk:
but I wanna try the blot powder :blush: since I've heard so many good reviews on it.
does anyone here use it??

I used to wear the Mac foundation...I find it to be very oily and thick, so I've since switched to Chanel pressed powder. Mac blushes don't stay on as long as Nars, however they do have a great selection of eyeshadows! They aren't that great for nail polishes, Chanel makes some amazing nail polishes. Now I am in in the process of converting to Nars. But then again, I just wear pressed powder, blush and lipgloss ...painting my face take a minute.

Originally posted by MissPurple@Jan 1st, 2004 - 12:53 am

but I wanna try the blot powder :blush: since I've heard so many good reviews on it.
I like the Blot powder to touch up during the day however, everyone I have ever had breaks :(

Originally posted by tgp+Jan 1st, 2004 - 10:59 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(tgp @ Jan 1st, 2004 - 10:59 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-MissPurple@Jan 1st, 2004 - 12:53 am

I like the Blot powder to touch up during the day however, everyone I have ever had breaks :( [/b][/quote]
you mean the powder is really easily to fall apart?

btw, does it blend well with the skin? I hate it so much when powders look way too powdery on and look unnatural. and does it really keep the face shine free? would it be good to use in extremely hot and humid places? (I have combination skin).
I have many questions :blush:

I love MAC.

Clear lip gloss.. love it! I sometimes wear Viva Glam iii lipstick with Nico lipglass when I go out at night. I like their Mascara X. My favorite eyeshadow would probably be Goldmine. the paints are also good... I forget which one I have... I think it's called dabble (It's this dark brown color).

Has anyone tried MAC's body paints? I've used Ben Nye & Mehron. How does MAC compare?

My favorite MAC products are the lipglasses and eyeshadows. If you have extremely fair skin like me, I would recommend c-thru lipglass with a smoky eye or prrr lipglass for everyday use. It is very sticky, but nothing shines like MAC lipglass!
With the eyeshadows, I love carbon (matte black) and krisp (a silvery white) and creme de violet and stomp (a fuschia). I also love hush as a cream base.

sorry, I've never tried the body paints, but I have the set of MAC playing cards with all the nude body paintings using MAC body paint and they look awesome.

I know I love MAC.. (and I'm bored.. and curious)... and I know there are others on here who love MAC as well.

What is your favorite color of MAC's lipglass/lacquer?

I love the clear, of course, as well as Babied, and Squirt.

i'm looking for two eyeshadows from MAC.
one a silvery shade, and one a pale pink.
which shades exactly from MAC eyeshadows would match my needs?
there are so many shades im looost :doh: plus im gonna buy it online, so i cant try it out or anything.
thanks for any advice :flower:

One of the pictures I posted didn't show up. Anyway, the picture was to illustrate that you shouldn't rely on the color swatches on the MAC site.

I have a very frosty silver eyeshadow from MAC called Electra, but it came in one of this year's Holiday Palettes, so I don't know if you can purchase it separately.

I was going to say Electra for the silver. For the pink, you can use Yogurt if you want matte, Sleepy if you want frost and Sweet Lust if you want Lustre. You can check the mac site for descriptions of the finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"