The MAC Makeup thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by bex@Jun 19th, 2003 - 8:25 am
what if you are a rep for a salon distributor? do you think you could get a card that way? you are involved in the industry, but you don't actually do anything like hair or make-up on ppl.
No, unfortunately you can't get the discount :(

I'll try to remember to bring a copy of the ppid form home from work tomorrow, so if anyone needs it, feel free to send me a message.

Also, if you have a MAC store near you, I'd suggest filling it out in the store and having them mail it in for you - you will get your discount THAT DAY but not again for 6-8 weeks when you get your card.

Kristin

I'm so happy that I'm actually beginning to like MAC now! about time I say :lol: and its certainly much more affordable than my chanel and armani addiction :wacko:

Anyways I bought Sheertone in Pinch o Peach last week and I just love it! It's such a lovely oft pinky peach on my complexion (mac nc30, armani lsf #5.5) and the texture of these blushes can be compared to that of Shu Uemura! very finely milled and extremely silky.

so anyway, what are your favourite shades? :heart:

Attachments

• ETC_077.jpg
    ETC_077.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 14
:o i want that!

thank you, i havnt been to the mac counter in ages, i think i will try this :wink:

all over color/ blush/ highlighter creams are the only thing i buy! :lol:

Gotta agree - LOVE THESE - Another good one is Sincere, for a little more of a neutral color.

A blush with a buildable color? AMAZING idea. One swipe, daytime, add a few more and you've got a night look :smile:

I love these-Blushbaby is my all time favorite!!!!!

i got so sick of the mac line - too out there - but more than that was so sick of the people at the counter and stores with so much freaky makeup on they looked like boy george..... just annoyed by them and stopped even considering buying it. i like that sheerblush though and thanks for sharing! i might have to go back and check some stuff out....

In defense of MAC artists (being one myself), what days are you going in to a mac store? If you go in on any week end days (thurs, fri, sat) you will find that our makeup will be more wild than normal - but go in on sun-wed and you will find more normal looking employees. Wilder makeup draws a bigger crowd, and ultimately does more buisiness - which allows us to bonus, which means $$ for us - so why WOULDN'T we do what the company asks and add a little drama? The point is to show what our makeup is capable of doing. Not to mention we have a BLAST while doing it.

I admit to being one of the ones that is drawn to the atmosphere at a mac counter-so much color, fun and uniqueness! Would love to work there as opposed to boring old Clinique.

That is exactly what I mean - Thank you :smile:

In fact, I love working for MAC so much that when I move in March, I will not be going to work for another cosmetic company, unless its on the corporate side (impossible where I'm moving to). I don't think I will ever find another job that has such electricity in the air once you walk into the room - I swear its like walking into a party every time I go to work!

I wish there was a mac store near where I'm going :(

Oh well - maybe one day! Meanwhile I'll be stocking up on my supplies before I move!

Kristin

i just bought 2 :blush: i love it!

i bought them in pinch o peach [ day] and pinch me for night time :smile:

what are the cheek hues like?

i'm going on a shopping spree for make-up today, and I recently fell in love with MAC products; I've only tried one of their lip-glosses.
any recommendations for products you've tried from this brand (eyeshadow, gloss, make-up tools, lipstick..etc) ? :flower:

a week ago i bought a compact with, i think, 7 or 8 glosses

very nice

where to start......

Paints are great-as shadow or as a shadow base. They stay on and never crease. Shimma is my favorite one.

Pigments are great. Vanilla is my favorite color-so pretty

I like the Sheertone blushes

Lip Laquer in Varneesh

Lip Glass in Oh Baby, Gold Charm, V Red.

I have lots of mac shadows, but my favorites are Amber Lights, Mylar, Brule, Idol Eyes, Trax and Satin Taupe

Lipsticks in the formula called Amplified Cream feel the best.

I also like the Splashproof pencils.

The only items I think are just okay are their foundations and mascaras-neither have really impressed me.

Have fun on your spree!!

i'm not a big MAC fan but they do have some nice products. i like- (nb. I am MAC NC30, Chanel #20, Armani LSF#4 with brown hair brown eyes)

sheertone blush in pinch'o'peach. a really sheer pinky peach. very werable

paint in bare canvas. i wear this as an e/s base. they seriously do not crease

eyeshadow in smut. a deep plummy color. i wear this wet as an eyeliner

#266 brush. angled eyeliner brush, perfect

Day SPF15 Light Moisture Lotion. amazing moisturizer for combination skin which provides broad spectrum sun protection. non-oily, absorbs in very quickly and leaves skin feeling soft and primed for foundation (keep in mind i have gone through 4 different moisturizers this year alone :wacko: )

hth!

01967783002.jpg

Es very nice

also, if you're after a nude lippie, try Amplified Creme in Underplay :wink:

Attachments

• ETC_072.jpg
    ETC_072.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 7
I wear their eyeshadows. I just got one of their holiday eyeshadow compacts and it was a really good deal...seven shadows plus brush in a mirrored compact for $30 (USD).

i loooove mac makeup... i was with my mum the other day.. she was stockin up... she got 3 ampliefied lip watevers... in like a slightly glittery reddy pink orange... n 2 borwns.. one called underground and one that was copperish lookin.... nice

i played with the powder thingys whilst mum was lookin... i love the red n blue glittery stuff on the little stand with alex weks face.... delicious...
i want to b able to wear makeup :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Yams Yamborghini
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"