The Mascara Thread #2

I really like Dior iconic mascara but it dryes out very soon. Have anyone else noticed it?

YSL Everlong mascara comes in seven different shades.

Last edited by a moderator:
^ Thank you for the suggestion, though I am looking for something more than the typical blacks, browns and blues. Something a little different, but not as crazy as fluorescent pink, for example!

Hmm my lashes are pretty long now thanks to Rapid Lash, I need a mascara that will hold my curl and has good separation. Any suggestions.

I did like YSL Faux Cils but it only holds a curl reasonably well. I like them quiet curled.

^ Thank you for the suggestion, though I am looking for something more than the typical blacks, browns and blues. Something a little different, but not as crazy as fluorescent pink, for example!

Have you looked at them? There is dark green and a lovely burgundy shade which I use myself. It looks great with green eyes. All the shades are very modest (apart from the icy-blue one, maybe) but they add something different to your eyes.

Hmm my lashes are pretty long now thanks to Rapid Lash, I need a mascara that will hold my curl and has good separation. Any suggestions.

I did like YSL Faux Cils but it only holds a curl reasonably well. I like them quiet curled.
Any good quality (I love anything Helena Rubinstein) waterproof lengthening mascara will do. Waterproof mascaras hold the curl better.

Any good quality (I love anything Helena Rubinstein) waterproof lengthening mascara will do. Waterproof mascaras hold the curl better.

the ida i think you are a make-up-expert :wink: so i would really love to know which Rubinstein-mascara is your favourite

i have tried Dior-mascaras, Lancome, Dolce&Gabbana and all high-street-brands like L'oreal, Nivea Visage, Maybelline, BodyShop and want to find THE mascara so i won't have to switch so much and buy new mascara like every month because i am not really 100% happy with the one i have - i already have like 10 or more different mascaras which i hardly use :angry: so which one is THE ONE???

Last edited by a moderator:
^OMG thanks :lol: I don't do much in mascaras...Maybelline and Helena Rubinstein are pretty much the only brands I've ever tried when it comes to mascara :lol:

I LOVE Lash Queen! It doesn't lengthen much, but it separates and you get so much volume. I don't remember what HR's lengthening mascara is called, but I've bought that one over and over again (since I was 14...9 years go by so fast :ninja:). It's the next HR mascara I'm getting, that's for sure. Oh, and you can get the WP mascaras in brown too! Not all brands offer brown WP mascaras.

I think it was Helena Rubinstein who invented waterproof mascara...I don't quite remember. She invented something, though :D Mascaras are kinda HR's speciality.

^OMG thanks :lol: I don't do much in mascaras...Maybelline and Helena Rubinstein are pretty much the only brands I've ever tried when it comes to mascara :lol:

I LOVE Lash Queen! It doesn't lengthen much, but it separates and you get so much volume. I don't remember what HR's lengthening mascara is called, but I've bought that one over and over again (since I was 14...9 years go by so fast :ninja:). It's the next HR mascara I'm getting, that's for sure. Oh, and you can get the WP mascaras in brown too! Not all brands offer brown WP mascaras.

I think it was Helena Rubinstein who invented waterproof mascara...I don't quite remember. She invented something, though :D Mascaras are kinda HR's speciality.

thank you soooo much! :heart::heart: i will try the Lash Queen then, that's for sure! i tried so many different ones that one more won't make a difference if i won't like it and will make a difference if i'll love it :wink:

^ Thanks Ida. Any idea if and when it will be available in Europe? They only have Sumptuous on the French and UK sites and not Sumptuous Colour.

^I have no clue. For example...we don't have the gorgeous cream eyeshadows from EL in DK, but I see people from EU using them? So annoying, we never get anything! They should be available somewhere in Europe, depends on where you're going I guess?

It says on the US site it is a limited edition, so I guess it would be the same if and when it comes to Europe. I hate it when they only sell a product in certain countries and not everywhere! Maybe you could get someone to send you the stuff you can't get in Denmark? I would offer, but La Poste is so corrupt here... postmen and women actually steal Christmas gifts and we never get our post unless it is bills and bank statements. If I order anything off the internet, I can't have it sent to our home address because it never gets here!

^It's the same thing in DK actually. And those people are probably some of the best paid postal workers in the world, but they have tremendously sticky fingers. If anyone ever sends anything to me, I ask them to make the parcel look really shabby and dirty :rofl:

I like using my Max Factor brush with my Helena Rubinstein Lash Queen Feline Blacks. Love love love the YSL Faux Cils!!! It lengthens and gives volume but does not clump at all! Separates beautifully.

I am such a mascara junkie. I've been through tons of mascaras!
My personal favourites are Benefit Bad Gal, Estee Lauder Sumptuous (which I'm currently using), Max Factor False Lash Effect and Dior Blackout.
Somebody mentioned Clinique High Impact Curling Mascara being good. I bought it when it first came out and it made my eyelashes look great. However, it left flaky bits under my eyes as the day went on and I found it quite tricky to remove when I layered it on. Perhaps I was just wearing too much! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->