The Mascara Thread #2

FrenchCactus, now I know why does it sound like the perfect mascara… because it is!!!!

The end result looks like you have thin, long false lashes, well separated and not in your face at all.

I am in loving it!!! :heart::heart::heart:

FrenchCactus, now I know why does it sound like the perfect mascara… because it is!!!!

Glad you like it :wink:

I have the non-waterproof version and on me it has a natural result though (but I naturally have long thick lashes).

Lancôme Hypnôse Drama Mascara.

Definetely the best mascara I had in a while.

Same. I got it as a deluxe sample from Sephora and wasn't expecting too much considering it's somewhat mixed reviews on MUA, but I really do love it. It actually does deliver such a "fanned out" yet voluminous look

What mascara can I buy that will give me natural looking eyelashes? Not like the eyelashes in t.v. adverts but the one's that look like I have barely any on..

^ clinique naturally glossy is my choice for natural looking lashes!

My question. I want really dark, thick, volume lashes? Tips? YSL faux cils is the best so far but it doesnt fully satisfy me..

Help?

My question. I want really dark, thick, volume lashes? Tips? YSL faux cils is the best so far but it doesnt fully satisfy me..

Help?

I would say that with Diorshow blackout you should be able to achieve that effect!!

Chanel Inimitable brought out a newer version a couple of months back which I can't find online, and now they've brought an even newer one out. Both of which didn't work nearly as well as YSL faux cils or singuler, they made my lashes look stubby actually, the difference was astounding between brands. Diorshow is much much better too..

Help?

Since you've mentioned Clinique, have you tried their "High Impact" mascara? I think it's pretty good to achieve that look.

Yeah i have. I think it was too clumpy. Also black out was a bit too clumby. How about eyes to kill by armani? any good?

I prefer my black out with a lash comb in comparison to eyes to kill. It's just...nothingy really. It does an okay job, but it's just okay. I'd suggest you try the new 'lash dressing' technique of using two mascaras. I use Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara that gives amazing hold and separation and curl, and then black out or YSL Faux Cils with a lash comb afterwards. Impact lashes!

I'd suggest you try the new 'lash dressing' technique of using two mascaras
I second this, I do this every day. There's just no mascara that really checks every box. I always use Givenchy Phenomen'eyes but the mascara I put on top of that varies, sometimes it's Diorshow (very nice combo), right now it's Maybelline's The Falsies

Something very weird happened, I used to hate the Dior Show mascara since it gave me panda eyes, but now it's not doing that anymore, it behaves more like a waterproof mascara even tho it's not..it's impossible to get it off with water alone..

I bought Givenchy Phenomen'eyes at the airport for only €19, couldn't resist :P. But I'm not really impressed with it, you have to be really careful because the brush has too much product on it. Apparently this is a mascara you need to learn how to use (because of the ball-shaped brush) so I hope I will get better with it :unsure:. I'm also using a sample of Diorshow Extase atm and I have to say I like that mascara a lot better, for really intense lashes that is.
For very natural looking lashes I always go back to my €7-mascara by Yves Rocher :blush: or Bourjois liner effect mascara.

Last edited by a moderator:
Note to self: try this new trend everyone's posting about using 2 different mascaras together!!! B)

I prefer my black out with a lash comb in comparison to eyes to kill. It's just...nothingy really. It does an okay job, but it's just okay. I'd suggest you try the new 'lash dressing' technique of using two mascaras. I use Elizabeth Arden Ceramide Mascara that gives amazing hold and separation and curl, and then black out or YSL Faux Cils with a lash comb afterwards. Impact lashes!

Thank you!:heart:

I think i am going to try that too:flower:

In some website somebody said loreal voluminous is a really good adding volume. I have it but not yet tried it. (i am sick right now)
Anyone else tried it?

^ It does a pretty good job of adding volume, especially for the first few applications. I find it's especially effective when you layer a lengthening mascara on top, which elongates and helps get rid of clumpies. For the money, you might as well try it. :smile:

For the layering I do a lengthening mascara first then a volumizing one that fans out your lashes second, I find this works best for me because my lashes love to clump together so I like for the second mascara to be a separator. FleurDeLys, Phenomen'eyes does take getting used to but I actually prefer it's bomby-knocker brush to a regular brush now! lol It's weird for me to use a regular one I'm like "Wait...how does this work again?" :P

Thank you!:heart:

I think i am going to try that too:flower:

In some website somebody said loreal voluminous is a really good adding volume. I have it but not yet tried it. (i am sick right now)
Anyone else tried it?

For some reason I used to think that you couldn't mix two mascaras, but I started doing it, then the Dior website put a tutorial up of what to do and I felt jubilant!

I didn't get on too well with that L'oreal mascara (I buy virtually ALL mascaras I can) but friends of mine love it!

I just got Clinique's new brush-out mascara.
clinique-high-definition-lashes-brush-comb-mascara-black1939.jpg

perfumezilla.com
I'm used to Nyx's Dollface and Dior's Blackout, because I love putting a ton of mascara and having huge, thick lashes. This one is a more natural type of mascara but for a chunky-type lover I surprisingly am loving it! It's very smooth and still gives me the dark and long flowing eyelashes I like without all the drama. It also comes off very easily with oil make-up remover. I recommend it. :smile:

FleurDeLys, Phenomen'eyes does take getting used to but I actually prefer it's bomby-knocker brush to a regular brush now! lol It's weird for me to use a regular one I'm like "Wait...how does this work again?" :P

Application is a lot trickier than with a normal mascara brush but I'm getting better at it, although I'm still not using it when I'm in a rush :lol:. But now I'm happy with it, it gives full fanned-out lashes.

Bare lashes:
(but I'm already wearing eyeliner on my upper waterline and a nude eyeshadow on the lid)

View attachment 548093

With Phenomen'eyes on my upper lashes, other mascara on bottom:

View attachment 548095
Pics by me

Attachments

• IMG_1920.JPG
    IMG_1920.JPG
    35.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1922k.jpg
    IMG_1922k.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 7