The Model & Celeb Weight Thread [Read post #1 before posting] #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRANCY ITALY

Reaction score
Update, Effecive Jan 1, 2011:

We are no longer going to have a thread dedicated to weight discussions. We found that, despite having specific rules for discussion and ongoing moderation, the thread kept going off topic with prohibited discussion of medical advice and unpleasant disagreements between members.

We do not find that this topic contributes positively to discussion at the Fashion Spot.

The rule prohibiting weight discussion in all areas of the forums is still in effect.

A note from the Moderators:

tFS weight discussion guidelines were created to encourage a more constructive and mature discourse regarding weight issues as they relate to fashion, models and celebrities. Prior to our weight discussion guidelines, celebrity style threads were completely derailed by weight comments and the actual style discussion was lost. This is a problem considering we're a fashion focused forum. Moreover, we had numerous members posting pro-ED comments and photos. We have a lot of young members at tFS who may be negatively influenced by such ideas. By creating a single forum to discuss weight issues, we can easily monitor such discussion.

Previous weight threads have allowed the discussion of personal weight issues. Despite our best attempts and guidelines to the contrary, extreme personal issues, misinformation, and diet and medical advice were continually present. In order to refocus discussion toward more fashion industry related issues, personal issues will no longer be allowed. We appreciate your understanding and cooperation.

tFS Mod Squad

Weight Thread Guidelines

• Personal weight issues are NOT to be discussed. This includes, but is not limited to, discussing personal experiences with eating disorders, weight loss, or weight gain.
  • Personal information is not allowed. This includes, but is not limited to, discussion of personal clothing size, and personal caloric intake.
  • No diet advice or medical advice will be allowed. Issues related to personal health need to be handled by your doctor and not discussed on tFS.
  • You may discuss models and celebrities that you feel have issues with their weight but keep in mind that it needs to be done in a mature, respectful manner.
  • Detailed discussion of models'/celebs' diets (i.e. food diaries, weight loss tricks, et al.) is not allowed.
  • No photoshopped pictures or derogatory posts.
  • ALL weight discussion must be handled in this thread. It will not be allowed in any other part of this forum and will be deleted.
  • Posts not in compliance with these guidelines will be removed.
This thread will adhere to the rules listed above as well as all rules listed in the Community Guidelines & Posting Rules.

Emphasis is put on member responsibility for this thread.
Keep this thread clean through your support for the rules and help deter rule violations. Please report posts that do not adhere to the posting guidelines.

Thank you.

Moderator's Note:

• In order to improve site performance, long threads that are draining our loading time will be closed and we are going to be periodically starting new threads. This should help pages load faster.
  • Please remember that not everyone is on a fast connection, or has a large screen, and keep your picture sizes to 800 pixels or less in the largest dimension. This will also help with page load speed.
  • Please refrain from posting the same images as contained in the archived threads (eg in the old closed thread).
  • Please stay on topic!
  • Please do not power post eg make empty posts with no Info/questions/Images - Empty posts cause threads to grow rapidly and is a nuisance to those who subscribe to many threads. Please take any private conversations to PMs or Profile Comments.
  • To view old thread(s) please use the search function.
Thank you!

2jahmqh.jpg

fashionmag.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think people outside of fashion would necessarily pick Eniko to be the prettiest... bigger boobs aside she's really, really weird looking. None of those three have anything close to classical or conventional beauty though so it's hard to tell who people outside of fashion would pick.

As for Chanel I've always hated her, but her body looks natural and normal for her and who says a woman has to have curves? That's just as unhealthy and prejudiced a message to send as 'a woman has to be skinny.' It's great that VS doesn't discriminate just because she doesn't have the stereotypically womanly build.

Funny you would mention this - about an hour ago I was drinking coffee with some friends and there was a fashion magazine on our table with an article about models before and after having their make-up done at shows, with a photo of Eniko included. All my friends thought she was the prettiest out of them all (some of the other featured models were Sasha, Karlie, Chanel and Anna S amongst others.) The adjectives thrown around were usually something like 'adorable', 'cute' and 'classic beauty'.
That being said, these were all girls. Perhaps there's a difference between a man's opinion?

^well shes skinny (of course), but nothing shoking.

It kind of makes me sad to read that, because it comforts me in the idea that we do not see models as emaciated as they really are. We're used to see girls who are scarily skinny, so now we're almost finding it "normal" and not alarming at all.

I doubt that the girl on the picture above is healthy. So yes, I find it shocking.

I dont think Melissa T is too skinny

and did anyone see the Anja improvement at VS?

Her stomach wasn't concave, so in that sense, there was improvement. But even with the VS hair and makeup she just looked...drawn.

Madga looks better than I thought she would.

seriously she's looking so much better, and I frankly believe that she rocked VS show :wink:

I dont think Chanel deserves to be called "disgusting" or other hateful comments.
But i certainly don't think she should be helped as an ideal, aspirational body - and especially not a "sexy" Victoria's Secret body (which is what their spokes models are supposed to be).
Whether her size is natural or not, it's is not something that women or girls can aspire to or emulate without making themselves sick and/or f*cked up. And that is what I think the problem people have with her appearing in underwear/swimwear/vs/etc shoots and shows.

I think that's what bothers me, too. Her body type is incredibly, incredibly rare- she can't weigh over 110 lbs at 5'9, yet she has at least a B cup chest (cups get smaller as band size gets smaller, so she may even be a C); for 99% of the population, that's not attainable. Can she help her size? I have no idea. But I do feel like a brand like VS should be advertising and celebrating bodies that were "earned."

Magda is awwwwwwww :flowers: I can't even explain it.the look on her face ,her smile and everything is so adorable.I wouldn't use the word healthy because it is open to interpretation (especially in the fashion industry) but I think she looks really good. :wub:

althought i hate VS i think it could be the best show for the girls - they finnaly are able to look healthy and they don't need to feel bad. Maybe it is start for some

@Style Savvy: I just came her to post Magdas pics :lol:
She's lookin sooooooo good! I was a bit concerned when i first heard that she'll strutting down for VS but it was a good thing! SO good to see her in this condition. Magda, please stay so! :woot:

I dont think Magdalena wasnt present in paris because of her body, she probably was working on something else.I actually found adriana's face a litlle different.

Magdalena looked radiant, i take back my misgivings, for the first time ever i thought her beautiful.

Anja just looked awful as ever though, not sexy at all, same for Chanel. disgusting is a harsh word, but it crossed my mind more than once last night i must admit.

It kind of makes me sad to read that, because it comforts me in the idea that we do not see models as emaciated as they really are. We're used to see girls who are scarily skinny, so now we're almost finding it "normal" and not alarming at all.

I doubt that the girl on the picture above is healthy. So yes, I find it shocking.

I've been searching trough this thread and it botters me a lot.
Melissa T. is healthy, that just her body. I don't know if someone people know but there are in this world girls who are skinny just their intire life. And it's just really weird to read this. So skinny girls aren't healthy?????? I know a lot of them and they eat like anyone else (or even more). It's just dumb to find that shocking. It is shocking when someone suddenly is much thinner. THAT IS NOT HEALTHY and even then they can suffer from a flu, stress to anorexic. This is what the modelworld wants, lovehandles aren't done in the industry and it's about the clothes at HF.

Chanel was misplaces at VS, that is about the sexy bodies.

I've been searching trough this thread and it botters me a lot.
Melissa T. is healthy, that just her body. I don't know if someone people know but there are in this world girls who are skinny just their intire life. And it's just really weird to read this. So skinny girls aren't healthy?????? I know a lot of them and they eat like anyone else (or even more). It's just dumb to find that shocking. It is shocking when someone suddenly is much thinner. THAT IS NOT HEALTHY and even then they can suffer from a flu, stress to anorexic. This is what the modelworld wants, lovehandles aren't done in the industry and it's about the clothes at HF.

Chanel was misplaces at VS, that is about the sexy bodies.

I agree. Plus, if anyone actually bothered going to Melissa Tammerijn's thread and checking her out, her body is actually quite proportional and healthy in appearance - similar to that of Jacquelyn Jablonski. Melissa just has prominent cheekbones and small breasts.

Whether her size is natural or not, it's is not something that women or girls can aspire to or emulate without making themselves sick and/or f*cked up. And that is what I think the problem people have with her appearing in underwear/swimwear/vs/etc shoots and shows.

Oh yes, because bodies of typical bombshells are very easy to achieve and won't f*ck up up.
Big breasts, super tiny waists, perfectly toned bodies. I think that's your typical everyday request at the plastic surgeon.

I do not understand in what way a body like Chanel is less acceptable than a body like any 90s glamazon, both are totally impossible to emulate and stupid to aspire.
Funny enough, this reminds, and contrary to the official version, as a teen I remember perfectly how happy all the girls were that someone like Kate Moss was a model, exactly because someone that had a body like us could be hailed as a beauty. Yes small breast could also be beautiful and scrawny bodies were not be despised. If you take in a account that boys bedroom walls had Pamela Anderson or Cindy , I think bodies like Chanel or Kate Moss next to those look distinctly average. It's all a question of perspective.
How lingeries model's bodies nowdays became something that is easy and healthy to emulate is beyond me. No amount of work ,diet, or even plastic surgery would make me look like a typical Angel.

I think that's what bothers me, too. Her body type is incredibly, incredibly rare- she can't weigh over 110 lbs at 5'9, yet she has at least a B cup chest (cups get smaller as band size gets smaller, so she may even be a C); for 99% of the population, that's not attainable. Can she help her size? I have no idea. But I do feel like a brand like VS should be advertising and celebrating bodies that were "earned."

Thanks for mentioning what appears to be Chanel's cup size. See that's the thing despite several posts to the contrary, Chanel has boobs (helped even more so by the tricky engineering of the VS bras) and she has a butt, now she has no hips, and her arms and legs are like sticks - although her legs actually looked a little thicker at the show. IMO, models in general and VS models in particular, are winners of the genetic lottery and are at least in the 95th percentile when it comes to their physicality, so in that respect Chanel's body is no less earned than the others.

While it is unusual, that is not unheard of for someone in their late teens / early twenties to have Chanel's look, I see more bony girls with medium to large boobs running around than the Native American-African-European-Asian melange that produced Adriana Lima, the biggest defference between Chanel and other girls with her proportions is that they tend to be short, so her height is the most freakish thing about her body. I can definitely see why people may find other body types more appealing, and even Chanel's most ardent detractors state that she seems healthy (of course no one knows for sure, but that applies to any model - thin, curvy or plus)... hey, there are several angels / supermodels / VS regulars that most should be able to find one or more that suits their tastes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->