The Model & Celeb Weight Thread [Read post #1 before posting] #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
^I thought there was definitely some improvement, but she still isn't what you would call healthy.

sc9rtg.jpg

Esee Models (via Sun Feifei's thread)
What do you guys think?

Oh yes, because bodies of typical bombshells are very easy to achieve and won't f*ck up up.
Big breasts, super tiny waists, perfectly toned bodies. I think that's your typical everyday request at the plastic surgeon.

I do not understand in what way a body like Chanel is less acceptable than a body like any 90s glamazon, both are totally impossible to emulate and stupid to aspire.
Funny enough, this reminds, and contrary to the official version, as a teen I remember perfectly how happy all the girls were that someone like Kate Moss was a model, exactly because someone that had a body like us could be hailed as a beauty. Yes small breast could also be beautiful and scrawny bodies were not be despised. If you take in a account that boys bedroom walls had Pamela Anderson or Cindy , I think bodies like Chanel or Kate Moss next to those look distinctly average. It's all a question of perspective.
How lingeries model's bodies nowdays became something that is easy and healthy to emulate is beyond me. No amount of work ,diet, or even plastic surgery would make me look like a typical Angel.

And I agree with that to, a Cindy or an Elle body is equally hard to attain.

I found Edita's images at VS quite disturbing. I know she's a tiny little thing but in these pics she barely "there" at all.

vsfs2010-adrianalimafan.net-1543.jpg

rex

I found Edita's images at VS quite disturbing. I know she's a tiny little thing but in these pics she barely "there" at all.

rex

I'm not really a fan of edita, so i don't know if she was bigger or smaller in the past. But let me explain the white woman's *** to you: it is, more often than not, flat. that picture was also taken from above and you can see from more head-on pictures that she looks very womanly, with fleshed-out thighs and breasts. nothing about her was bony or emaciated, just healthy.

As for Chanel I've always hated her, but her body looks natural and normal for her and who says a woman has to have curves? That's just as unhealthy and prejudiced a message to send as 'a woman has to be skinny.' It's great that VS doesn't discriminate just because she doesn't have the stereotypically womanly build.
exactly.

What do you guys think?
she looks okay in that picture, but you can't really see her body... all I can think of when I think of Sun Fei Fei is how she LITERALLY looked like a skeleton at that one Sonia Rykiel show.

You've got to be kidding me with the Edita comment. She looks EXACTLY as she always has... Sometimes its like there's a witch hunt going on in here.

Chanel looked good at VS, but you notice they were careful to cover up her torso.

As far as cup sizes go, last year one of the models said she had three! 'chicken cutlets' filling up her normally fashion-size cups. That is better than having small implants put in (like some have).

Yeah who says lingerie/swimsuit models have to have 'sexy' figures the way most of you interpret sexy? Who says that is what is sexy in the first place? Being of a feminist bent I find it somewhat offensive to womanhood in general - that implication that what makes a woman feminine or sexy is big boobs, wide hips and a butt. I really don't see why anyone should have a problem with Chanel at VS. As I may have mentioned before I really hate her as a model but she looks healthy and good at the shows, she has the right energy. Not everyone is going to find her build sexy but I'm sure some people must, for her to even be in the shows and to be such a successful model and even get lingerie campaigns. I'm basically just reiterating what others have said here but I'd rather see a girl whose body is totally unattainable to the average woman, but who looks natural and healthy, than one who says she works her butt off for hours a day to become some kind of ideal beauty standard/object to stare at.

I think the problem with Chanel's body is that it really doesn't appeal to the target audience. VS put some pictures of her in the VSFS on their facebook and about 90% of the comments were about how she looked anorexic. Not exactly the message you want to be sending to your consumers. On the other hand, most comments towards bodies like Behati's and Adriana's were positive. The contrast is so astonishing lol. One photo of Adriana and everyone is like GORGEOUS HOT SEXY, and then the next of Chanel and people are wondering how she managed to hold her wings up and not snap in half and saying things like EWW, EAT, too skinny!

And to be honest, I don't really blame them. Her legs look scary.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=463456724089&set=a.463456704089.260147.79775744089

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the problem with Chanel's body is that it really doesn't appeal to the target audience. VS put some pictures of her in the VSFS on their facebook and about 90% of the comments were about how she looked anorexic. Not exactly the message you want to be sending to your consumers. On the other hand, most comments towards bodies like Behati's and Adriana's were positive. The contrast is so astonishing lol. One photo of Adriana and everyone is like GORGEOUS HOT SEXY, and then the next of Chanel and people are wondering how she managed to hold her wings up and not snap in half and saying things like EWW, EAT, too skinny!

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=463456724089&set=a.463456704089.260147.79775744089

Well.. I found the anorexic-comments harsh and disrespectful. If she always has been that skinny, then so'll ben it and she is healthy. On the other hand I thought she was misplaced to, because VS stands for me as sexy and curves and HF as skinny but also beautiful.

and about Edita, i think the guy a couple posts under that photo is right, sometimes it's like a witch hunt in here.

If she always has been that skinny, then so'll ben it and she is healthy.
/QUOTE]

Hmmm not that I'm into anatomy, but i once read in my class book that the human body tends to put on a few stones with growing older. There was written it wasn't possible to not gain "hip measurement" in puberty. But i think they only reffered to the offscum/aliens outside Bryan Park - since fashion people got a different bone structure, different metabolism and more brain than people who don't deal with fashion. They simply have different genes. High fashion Models don't age phisically, and they skip over puberty, don't they? My nutritionist Rachel Zoe confirmed that.

i think chanel's body is fine but yeah it's not meant for lingerie.
Umm, I hope that's just a typo and you meant modelling for lingerie, since I'm pretty sure skinny girls aren't all meant to go commando :lol:

I hated Chanel's Rosa Cha ads because she looked like a desperate sexed up little girl in those, but for VS and especially for Pink I find her perfect. She's fun and over the top and VS really needs models like her in the show. I find it horribly lame of VS to have her in the show and trying to cover her up with ugly jumpsuits, though.

I didn't really see a difference between Chanel, Anja, Edita and all the other girls in the VSFS. They're all skinny and most probably underweight except for maybe Adriana (with her post-pregnancy weight) and Candice. If you're going to be shocked by skinny models then at least be consequent. How can people hate on Chanel for her skinnyness but praise Magda for her hot body when she's just as skinny? Just because she's gained a few pounds recently doesn't mean she's healthier and normal weight all of a sudden.

Doesn't it? The strategy seems to work, they are using this type of girls again. VS is not in the business of having status as opposed to clients.
I think no one is going to dispute that Adriana Lima has the better body for conventional standards , but that doesn't mean I want someone with her style and demenour selling me lingerie. I would way more easily buy something Anja was wearing, or even Chanel (and i really do not like her ) than Adriana.
This idea that all women want or (even should) want to look "super hot" and hyper feminized it's quite offensive, I totally agree with wetsleeves.

^^^ THANK YOU.

She looks awful. I actually recoiled in horror when I saw those photos of her. You can see it not only in those legs but in the hollowness of her face.

It's almost like she's paying everyone back for the uproar last year when all those sick, delusional people were calling her fat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->