The Model Scouts: TV show

Fontenrose

Reaction score
RTÉ's The Model Scouts search for a new Irish supermodel - 12 girls, 6 weeks, 1 contract
Following the success of last year's series, The Model Agent, RTÉ and Sideline Productions have this year teamed up with IMG, the most successful talent management company in the world, to search for a new Irish model with the potential to take the fashion industry by storm.
This prize on offer this year to the successful girl, is a one year contract with IMG Models who represent an impressive international portfolio of models including Gisele Bundchen, Heidi Klum, Naomi Campbell, Lily Cole, Mischa Barton and Liv Tyler.
The television series, The Model Scouts will shadow Jeni Rose and David Cunningham as they scour the length and breadth of the country to find a young Irish girl that they can develop long term into a major international success.
Jeni and David are Vice-Presidents of International Development at IMG Models in Paris and New York respectively, where they are officially referred to as 'scouts.' Together they have scouted in more than 40 countries and will visit Ireland for the first time in a quest to source a new face for the biggest fashion and entertainment group in the world.
Television cameras will follow Jeni and David's journey as they scout and select the 12 lucky girls, who will then feature in the six part television series on RTÉ Two. Many will apply, but only a few will make it through to the finals due to be filmed in London, Paris, New York, Milan and Sydney.
Only one will win the final prize; the coveted one year contract with IMG Models - part of the biggest and most successful management company in the world. Other prizes will include a front cover fashion shoot and the opportunity to be 'the face' of a major Irish fashion launch - details of which will be revealed during the TV series.
Carrie Anne Burton, the winner of last year's The Model Agent is continuing to enjoy a fruitful modelling career having won a contract with Independent Models. Carrie Anne has taken part in fashion campaigns including Peter O'Brien's latest A-Wear collection and Belleek's first jewellery collection. Independent Models ceased trading in the summer of 2009, but Carrie Anne is currently represented by Tess management.
The application process is now closed. Stay tuned for The Model Scouts which starts in November 2010.

Hope this is as good as The Model Agent!

THE MODEL SCOUTS starts on RTE 2, November 2nd @ 9pm.... Tune in before Desperate Housewives....

Can't wait for it to start!

A few promising girls, can't wait to watch!

67265_411273928238_214033678238_4539650_7014029_n.jpg

facebook/themodelscouts

So many fug bobs...

I'd presume that many of these girls were given the opportunity because they were the best the scouts could find at the time, and you can't really be that picky when you have no certainty that you will find better girls.

I put the red boxes around the girls that stood out to me:

67265_411273928238_214033678238_4539650_7014029_n.jpg

^ I would have put the red boxes around the same girls if I could only pick 8 of them. My 9th one would have been the one in the first row on the far right.

what a pedestrian looking bunch.... but i guess it only takes a couple of good girls to make it worthwhile

i'm mostly watching for Jeni and David anyway :P

RTÉ's The Model Scouts, RTÉ Two, November 2, 9pm - 12 girls, 8 weeks, 1 winner

Don't miss this exciting new series, and watch hundreds of girls compete for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to be an international model.

In a new series brought to you by Sideline Productions - The Model Scouts - will follow the journey of 12 young Irish girls who compete to win a contract with IMG, one of the most prestigious modelling agencies in the world. IMG Scouts Jeni Rose and David Cunningham travel the length and breadth of Ireland, holding open castings as they look for the face of Ireland's next model sensation.

One of these girls is about to have her life transformed - as she will be launched on the international modelling stage and follow in the footsteps of IMG models Lara Stone, Lily Cole, Gisele Bündchen and Liv Tyler. The winner will also appear on the cover of Ireland's biggest selling magazine 'LIFE' and launch a new collection for a major Irish fashion house with a cash prize of €5,000.

In a must-see 8 part series, we follow the 12 girls as they are picked from hundreds of aspiring Irish models. Each week the girls are given modelling challenges by Jeni and David and at the end of each show, there are eliminations. The stakes are high and all the girls have their eye on the prize. There will only be one winner which will be announced in the final programme.

Programme One:
In episode 1 to be broadcast on Tuesday Nov 2nd, the model scouts meet with their favourite 21 girls from all the castings and decide on their final 12 from this group. These girls will then take part in the series and embark on a whirlwind journey that will take will them to fashion capitals London, Paris, Sydney and New York, where they learn with the best in the business and take part in professional photo shoots and runway shows.

Programme Two:
IN WEEK 2, the 12 girls will attend a fashion boot camp in Carton House and put on an exclusive runway show.

Programme Three:
IN WEEK 3, 10 girls will travel to London where they will attend a casting with Grazia Magazine's Style Director, Paula Reed.

Programme Four:
IN WEEK 4, the 8 remaining girls travel to Paris and are photographed in Place Vendôme by well known photographer Gilles-Marie Zimmerman.

Programme Five & Six:
IN WEEKS 5 & 6, only six girls remain and head for Sydney where they take part in Rosemount Australian Fashion Week.

Programme Seven:
IN WEEK 7, the last 4 girls travel to New York and are photographed by ex-model turned photographer Carolyn Murphy.

Programme Eight:
IN WEEK 8, there will be a nail biting finish back home in Dublin, one of only 3 remaining girls will have her dream come true as she is chosen to sign with IMG and have her international modelling career launched.
rte.ie/tv/themodelscouts

Wow that was a boring promo. They lost me before 3 minutes in. So corporate. The best part of the first show was the charisma of the agent, and I loved the bit where she went to talk off-screen to the girl who turned her down. That's real.

It's also off to compare little Ireland with little Holland. Holland has the tallest population in the world.

Making a point of calling modelling a 'career' seemed a bit defensive too. They would do better to talk about their own careers. 'Let's see... the girls are disposable, but we have to keep finding new contenders. New, new, new, the pressure on us to find the next Jac before our competitors is incredible."

I hope someone uploads this when it airs...

What? Model Scouts? Whatever happened to Model.Live? They never did a second season.
I just hope this show is a good one.

The recession happened to Model.Live :(

Anyway, at TFS we still can check in on Austria, Madeline and Cato, so it continues in that way. It was not a bad concept.

Ah, no wonder. Did the same happen to Alessandra's show too?

I really hope someone puts it up on YT. I really liked the 1st season.

Episode 1 part 1 is now up, the rest looks like it's gradually processing

^ Thanks, all the parts are up now :smile:

Here are the final 12

14857641396162323821403.jpg

71722413969133238214033.jpg

Aishling O'Connell

75722413969278238214033.jpg

Becky Ali

73567413969298238214033.jpg

Ellen Flanagan

75776413969428238214033.jpg

Heather O'Brien

72512413969538238214033.jpg

Jessica Kelly

75392413969038238214033.jpg

Tabea Weyrauch

74590413969558238214033.jpg

Justine Kelly

76949413969713238214033.jpg

Lauren Owens

74282413969753238214033.jpg

Lucy Moore

76544413969908238214033.jpg

Sarah Taylor

73020413970038238214033.jpg

Shannean Gormley

73716413969603238214033.jpg

Katie McGinn

The Model Scouts facebook page

I haven't quite finished watching the episode (I'm at the part where the top 21 have just gathered) but I like Becky, Ellen, Justine, Katie, Lucy, Sarah, Shannean and Tabea. Ellen, Justin, Sarah and Tabea are my favourites right now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tabea's lovely :heart: tall and willowy, flawless complexion, aristocratic features

Sarah's kind of funny looking, in a good way. i like her facial structure and wide-set eyes.

Ellen's not my type, but so IMG Paris development board. she looks like a cute little animal.

i also like Justine and Katie, but weren't they both 5'7? not sure about the rest

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barba
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->