The New Nail Colors...

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by eastsidecouturechic, Oct 8, 2003.

1. eastsidecouturechic

eastsidecouturechic New Member

wow, has anyone noticed the huge explosion of the eighties like stuff? with the bright colors and stuff? its huge where i am....well that may be because i live in the middle of nowhere.... :yuk: . for example, right now my nails are bright pink with a bright yellow racer stripe i did with an eyeliner brush right down the middle. has anyone else noticed this and what are your opinions?

2. Alejandro

Alejandro & R.V.R

I like it!!

My friends at uni wears tons of crazy colours, and every night she changes her patterns, she even made a white nail with the Chanel monogram with airbrush and a pattern...

3. evulgoddess

evulgoddess New Member

I was just thinking this earlier, with MAC's newest color pigments coming out....80's pink and orange...it looks pretty though!!!

I guess I'm in the mood for color at the moment, so I know I'm all excited for it!

4. HBoogie

HBoogie Procrastinator.

Just as long as nails aren't too long, I think these colors look fine.

Does anyone remember the yucky easter egg pastels nail trend of the early/mid 90's? Like when Hard Candy first came out, and the hot colors were all very white based, like pale yellow, pale blue, etc.? Were those colors really flattering on anybody? No matter what the hue, it always seemed like you had white-out on your nails...

5. contessacolette

contessacolette New Member

i'm guilty.
    pastel-light blue WAS :shock: my signature nail color. oh the horror. :yuk:

6. fortezza

fortezza New Member

Right now my nails are pink. I don't usually follow trends. I just match my nail color with my outfit or my mood. :p

7. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

I'm the same way. I HATE bright colors - I just look horrid in anything bright. I prefer a more conservative, classic look. On my nails I stick to basic pinks, sometimes tans or beiges. I get a little more crazy with my toenails, however. Love golds, silvers, and reds. :blush:

But anyway - NOT huge on the bright 80s stuff.

8. P.Peach

P.Peach New Member

I've gotten into wearing my nails more on the short side (just at the fingertips) and in rich, dark tones. Along the lines of a deep plum. Not so summery, but it suits my mood better.

9. coralmilk

coralmilk New Member

I'm guilty of adoring flag green/deep blue/deep pink nailpolish. :x
    I was never a nude nails girl.

10. tifa

tifa New Member

i like painting my nails hot pink. my other faves are black or red :)

11. devon_jay

devon_jay New Member

i usually keep it to clear polish on my fingernails (however they are red- very chipped- now) and go NUTS on my toes. last week they were alternating fuscia, red, orange! so summery and fun :)

12. Odette

Odette New Member

I use red a lot, depending on the season of he year I change it's tone. Darker, softer in winter and now bright bright red sort of like Nicole Richie(I don't like her but we share the nail colour) and sometimes a colour between bright red-pink.

I use to do the watery orange, I remember it was everywhere in Vogue but I regret it, it's awful.

13. lalablossoms

lalablossoms New Member

i'm doing a tangerine color which is unusual for me since i usually do a very dark black cherry which looks great for my black skin but a friend said its too goth for spring/summer, i think i may go back to it though cause it fits my look

14. lmelanie

lmelanie Active Member

i used to wear more pastel-ish and stuff like that..but now i wear the dark cranberry colors now..ive noticed that the dark polish seems to be back..even in the summer!

15. elschic111

elschic111 New Member

did anyone notice the blue nailpolish at versace?! it brought be back to 1994 so fast...

haha i just blogged about it actually, so it's funny that this thread came up.

16. Odette

Odette New Member

I've started to wear a brown one, Maybelline Colorama 33 berry jam.

It looks rather pretty...