The Official Teen Magazine Thread

peacelover142002

go red sox
Reaction score
I think the teen magazines don't get enough play on this forum, so i started this thread for those who love them. We can post covers, eds, and reviews.

Here's a list of who's on the covers in March:

Seventeen: Ashlee Simpson
CosmoGirl: Alicia Keys
ElleGirl: Nicole Richie
Teen Vogue: Camilla Belle
Teen People: Kristin Callavari (from Laguna Beach)

To start, here's Ashlee's pics from Seventeen (not all of them appeared in the mag). I'll post a review tomorrow.

superiorpics.com

I always buy ellegirl. I like it somehow. Maybe it's thes styling in the editorials.

I used to buy ElleGirl all the time- now I buy Teen Vogue instead because the clothes and eds are a lot more appealing to me.

I can't say I liked teen people or seventeen much.

Teen people was alright is you were absolutely obsessed with teen celebrities, but the fashion was average

Seventeen had good beauty tips, but again, the fashion is always typical teen

^thanks so much for the scans! isn't the cover adorable?

here's one more pics from the mag:

ohnotheydidn't

March Teen Vogue: Camilla Belle

{Credit ~ Camilla Belle Online (camilla-belle.net) :flower: }

DriversHigh said:
YM seems to still be alive http://www.ym.com/index.jsp

the website is still updated occasionally for some reason, but the magazine is no more. conde nast bought it and discontinued it, sending teen vogue to subscribers in its place.

^thanks for the teen vogue scans. they make camilla look quite young, didn't they?

peacelover142002 said:
the website is still updated occasionally for some reason, but the magazine is no more. conde nast bought it and discontinued it, sending teen vogue to subscribers in its place.

^thanks for the teen vogue scans. they make camilla look quite young, didn't they?

No problem. :flower: Also yes most of the photos do make Camilla look around 13-14 as oppose to her age of 19. :wink:

here's my review of seventeen:

192 pgs

notable new ads:

maybelline (josie maran) - 2 pgs
keds (mischa barton) - 2 pgs
candie's (samaire, ciara, hilary, michelle) - 1 pg
torrid (crystal renn) - 1 pg
rampage (petra nemcova) - 1 pg

fashion coverage:

10 spring essentials and how to wear them

new spring clothes at american eagle, wet seal, forever 21, hollister, and torrid

new trends for your body

spring's cutest shoes

hot bargains - accessories for under $10

the right look for trick occasions (office, nice restaurant, funeral, house of worship) - really odd :blink:

hot prom dresses for $100 or less

spring shopping for trends (antique-y lace, cherry red, glam stones, polka dots, bold embroidery, grecian braiding, dusty florals, canary yellow, wooden beads, multicolored stripes

beauty:

look naturally pretty incl. top 17 tips from readers

get rid of facial hair :lol:

hair color for your skin tone

perfect prom hair

know your breasts :o

spring 2006 beauty awards

overall: don't even bother. :( seventeen has really gone downhill since atoosa took over, which i find puzzling since she did such a good job with cosmogirl. it's all (bad) fashion, celebrities, and idiotic, boring, real-life stories, and none of the great, interesting, important articles it used to have. i'm thinking about cancelling my subscription.

2 out of 10 stars

^^
Could you possible post some more from March Teen Vogue?
Like one these celebrity pages or an ed, if you know what I mean.
I'm deciding if I'm gonna buy it or not.

my review of teen vogue:

268 pgs

notable new ads:

guess (?) - 4 pgs
armani exchange (?) - 2 pgs
marc jacobs (behati and aaron) - 2 pgs
candie's (samaire, ciara, michelle, hilary) - 2 pgs
louis vuitton (gisele) - 1 pg
chloe - 2 pgs
burberry (gemma) - 1 pg
michael michael kors (carmen kass) - 1 pg
bcbg girls (?) - 1 pg
luella for target (?) - 4 pgs
just cavalli - 1 pg
keds (mischa barton) - 2 pgs
moschino jeans (?) - 1 pg

eds:

"child's play" - (els) spring looks inspired by children's wear (shorts, eyelet dress, skinny pants, denim minidress, khaki basics)

"passage to india" - (karmen) indian-inspired looks

"frock stars" - (eva) layering prom dresses over tee-shirts, inspired by stars

"la belle epoque" - camilla, looking very young

"rosy outlook" - (darla) pink makeup looks

"high season" - wedges and platforms'

other:

"spring fashion guide a-z" - annual countdown of spring essentials. always magnificent, and this time is no exception.

a - american classics
b - boots
c - cupcakes
d - dogs
e - eyelet
f - french dressing (diy t-shirt project by paco rabanne designer patrick robinson)
g - guest djs
h - hawaii
i - it girls
j - japan
k - karl's (as in lagerfeld) club
l - luella for target
m - men's accessories
n - neon
o - oversize bags
p - prince (as in the singer)
q - quiz (fashion week IQ test)
r - ruffles
s - snejana (as in onopka)
t - tommy hilfiger
u - umbrella
v - visors
w - wedges
x - x-out (what not to wear this season)
y - y-3
z - zippers

overall: pretty great. sometimes teen vogue is not enough about fashion, but their spring fashion issue usually delivers, as it does this time. be sure to pick it up, if just for the a-z countdown.
7 out of 10 stars

Last edited by a moderator:
Ooh I love this thread!
Teen Vogue is definitely my all time favorite, its the only magazine I save, and I keep them in this little stack..I have them all from September 04 on, and theyrw always so handy to have to just flip through on a rainy day...

I loove Nicoles elle girl cover, so great to see how the shoot turned out after seeing the candids from the day it was shot!

and peacelover..youre talking about the march teen vogue, right?

Wow, ellegirl seems so good..And teen vogue too. I buy teen vogues march/september issues and occasionally other issues too (I have to buy the gemma cover one.) Other I just flip trough at store. Thanks peacelover !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->