The 'Outfit Look-Alikes' Thread

Raf Simons also used a similar tenique if not the same in Dior SS2014 couture, but the effect is a bit heavy-handed.

Oh yes you're right, thanks for reminding me! His symmetry and precision in those outfits bug me, it's too sterile for my liking. I thought John's take was so romantic and necessary.

I remember Prada 2012 so well it only just occurred to me that's 12 years ago! Good grief.

I would pay (something if not MSRP) for that Prada, but you would have to pay me to wear the LV.

And the proof that it's not just brand preference talking is that I remember Prada made some of the most monstrous shoes of all time in that very same season, the all-over rhinestone-studded multicolour Kiltie-fringe golf shoe!

Prada 2012 Spring kiltie golf shoe with rhinestones.jpg
source: oninbolos.blogspot.com

Schiaperelli Couture S/S 2024
5I6BZE6M_o.jpg
McQueen Fall 1996 and Spring 2012 (not the only look from this collection it reminded me of either...)
375912.jpgAlexander McQueen Spring 2012 mujer desnuda.jpg

And of course the myriad of masks used during the Margiela shows throughout the decades, but the colour combination and texture immediately had these collections come to mind.

Miley's red carpet look by Galliano was inspired by a look from the John Galliano F/W 1997 collection, according to articles online.
Galliano has Zero interest in Margiela’s body of work.
He keeps redoing his own line designs for celebrities when his take on Margiela would be welcomed.
I love him but come on!

I'm reading the book Mondrian's Dress tonight and it alerted me to this.

Anne Klein for Junior Sophisticates (Vogue US April 1961)

View attachment 1249386
Vogue Archive

Yves Saint Laurent Fall/Winter 1965

View attachment 1249387Exhibiting Fashion
It’s almost hilarious…
But it doesn’t surprises me in a way. Pierre Bergé has managed to rewrite fashion history by giving the ownership of things like tuxedos and pantsuits for women or Designer RTW to Yves.
To discover that the Mondrian collection was designed probably after having seen it in Vogue is a bit of a slap on the face of fashion history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->