The Perfect Trench

^I wish there was more talk about other brands than Burberry. Yes I know that they have a long history in making coats but there are other brands with a great selection out there too. London Fog for example...

slide_9937_130924_large.jpg

slide_9937_130923_large.jpg

slide_9937_130921_large.jpg

gisele-bundchen-london-fog-ad-campaign-fall-2009.jpg

gisele-bundchen-london-fog-ad-fall-2009.jpg

the huffington post, stylefrizz

london fog is very classic, i find...
but not very stylish...
imo...

*just have to add that the ads posted are tragically bad...

gisele all naked and stuff?!?
if it was fur it might work...
but that is NOT the way to make a trench coat sexy!...
:ninja:..

if you look at the way the burberry is styled, it's MUCH cooler, and sexier, imo...
and there's not an inch of skin showing...
it's about the tailoring and the cut and pushing up the sleeves, flipping the collar up just so...
london fog would do well to find a new stylist and/or creative director ...
because the items are classic and well priced and well made...
they could do a lot better, imo...

When do you wear trench coats? are they good for cold weather or...? Just settled in a NY and was previously from a tropical country. Not sure how keeping warm works.

Burberry will always be the ultimate trench for me. I'm always surprised more people don't take advantage of their Art of the Trench service. They don't even charge extra for it!

what service would that be? it's just a website to upload a picture of you in a trenchcoat. why would they charge you for that?

I really want a trench like this in this burgundy/ red wine color...It seems to be vintage

peachesmulberry.jpg

popsugar.com

I'm finally going to invest in my first trench coat. I'm indecisive about what color to get :unsure: black or khaki?

Do you have rainboots, what colour are they, and the rest of your rain gear? Maybe that could narrow it down..

I'm finally going to invest in my first trench coat. I'm indecisive about what color to get :unsure: black or khaki?

I would say it depends on what colour your other coats are and what season you're going to use it for. If you're using it for spring/autumn I would definetely go for a beige/khaki. If you're using it for winther black could work to. But it also depends on the colours in your wardrobe. My trenchcoat is beige and it really works for me.

Do you have rainboots, what colour are they, and the rest of your rain gear? Maybe that could narrow it down..

I must admit that I have no raingear and I'm doing pretty good without it.

Is there anything you tend to wear in the rain, then?

Closed shoes. I'm really bad at being practical but I also tend to take the bus rather than bike. Usually I do fine with brogues/boots and my usual coat or jacket, like a woolblend coat or my leather jacket.

I would say it depends on what colour your other coats are and what season you're going to use it for. If you're using it for spring/autumn I would definetely go for a beige/khaki. If you're using it for winther black could work to. But it also depends on the colours in your wardrobe. My trenchcoat is beige and it really works for me.

Those are good points! I'm planning to use it only for spring/autumn because winters here are too cold for a trench coat. My wardrobe is mainly neutrals and black. I think khaki should go well! Thank you :D

Those are good points! I'm planning to use it only for spring/autumn because winters here are too cold for a trench coat. My wardrobe is mainly neutrals and black. I think khaki should go well! Thank you :D

You are very welcome :D

definitely the khaki.. stick with the classic if you're planning on getting a trench

For the price they charge for a Burberry trench, I think the perfect one should could double as a rain coat. What is the difference between rain- and showerproof? Only their gabardine coats are rainproof but it's knee length on me (5') - so too long. They do have another, shorter one but it's not gabardine so "only" showerproof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eisabeth
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->