The Pope dies

Status
Not open for further replies.
yah, that we should aspire to be like god, but i dont think im ever going to make it That far! hahah

to be human is to have lack of knowledge, God is hope if your catholic or christian he's the one you should be putting yor faith in....not some man.

Misako said:
The canonization is a recognization of the person's worldly achievements, and it has to do with them contributing to the welfare of the world.

Here's what a "saint" is defined as:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint

so now again,do religious follow the word of God (supossedly the bible) or the word of man "the church".. ?

ball79 said:
why offensive? cause it is true?

The "truth" doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful. If you want your point to come across you have better ways to do so - instead of insulting a man who's a spiritual leader to many.

well, the catholic church goes against the bible in so many ways...any christian isnt supposed to have a carven image of anything...even if it's made out of "marmol" (haha)
and in the "sacred scriptures" it even states in Matthew 23:9 call no one on earth your father; you have but one father in heaven...

Each religion has it's own reading of the bible. It's up to us to decide which one to follow. The Catholic Church isn't the only one to have icons. There's a brazilian religion called Umbanda (which mixes elements of African cults and Catholicism) that does the same thing - would you say they are "wrong" for having icons? Sticking to every word in the bible makes you a radical - in the same way when some people use the bible to say they are against gay marriage or abortion.

Nemova said:
The "truth" doesn't give you the right to be disrespectful. If you want your point to come across you have better ways to do so - instead of insulting a man who's a spiritual leader to many.

wait! where did I insult him? when I was talking about marmol I was reffering to the saints sculptures ,so I insult him cause I call him a regular priest? or a regular man? so now it is an insult to be a regular human?

Misako said:
The canonization is a recognization of the person's worldly achievements, and it has to do with them contributing to the welfare of the world.

Here's what a "saint" is defined as:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saint

well im going by the bible and if we are discussing christ like faiths i think thats the one source thats really credible here.
Saints are the members of the church....i hate repeating myself
but they are only people that follow the word of god and by naming churches, basilicas, or carve their images over everything your placing them somewhere where no man belongs...i cant remeber the last time i saw a catholic church with the name of Jesus written on it...

in the same way when some people use the bible to say they are against gay marriage or abortion.[/QUOTE]

the bible is not againts gay reunions,in more than a few "relatos" God is talking about love relations between two men.. is the church that it is against..

I knew this was going to happen,but it was just impossible to hold myself lol!,now I am just waiting for the "off topic" thing :wink:

Last edited by a moderator:
ball79 said:
in the same way when some people use the bible to say they are against gay marriage or abortion.

the bible is not againts gay reunions,in more than a few "relatos" God is talking about love relations between two men.. is the church that it is against..[/QUOTE]

That wasn't my point at all....

Nemova said:
the bible is not againts gay reunions,in more than a few "relatos" God is talking about love relations between two men.. is the church that it is against..

That wasn't my point at all....[/QUOTE]

oh god that quote on the top doesn't look good ,I haven't said that of the abortion..^_^

TokyoVogue said:
well im going by the bible and if we are discussing christ like faiths i think thats the one source thats really credible here.
Saints are the members of the church....i hate repeating myself
but they are only people that follow the word of god and by naming churches, basilicas, or carve their images over everything your placing them somewhere where no man belongs...i cant remeber the last time i saw a catholic church with the name of Jesus written on it...

saints ARE members of the church, but they are recognized through a difficult process to confirm that they are the link between god and the world. The name Jesus may not be written on a church, but in every church, there are his images...

Nemova said:
Each religion has it's own reading of the bible. It's up to us to decide which one to follow. The Catholic Church isn't the only one to have icons. There's a brazilian religion called Umbanda (which mixes elements of African cults and Catholicism) that does the same thing - would you say they are "wrong" for having icons? Sticking to every word in the bible makes you a radical - in the same way when some people use the bible to say they are against gay marriage or abortion.

well you can be free to do whatever you want
but it does say in revelations 18:1 "If anyone adds to these things god will add to him the plagues which are in this book and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, god shall take away his part from the book of life from the holy city and from the things which are written in this book"
so i wouldnt want to make my own way if i was a christian....and it doesnt matter how many people go against what the bible says, in the end your still going against "the word of the lord" and i dont say its wrong for having icons the bible does...its ONE OF THE COMMANDMENTS

Misako said:
saints ARE members of the church, but they are recognized through a difficult process to confirm that they are the link between god and the world. The name Jesus may not be written on a church, but in every church, there are his images...

we can't recognize images of something that we don't know,the ones on the church had never seen jesus face... so it is unfair just to show images..

When someone does good things deep from the heart,doesn't need an award to be satisfied...

Misako said:

and in the bible it states that you shouldnt have images of anything above eaarth on earth or below earth...no images whatsoever....not even of god....im not a practising christian yet i know more about this...people need to read the bible more

TokyoVogue said:
but it does say in revelations 18:1 "If anyone adds to these things god will add to him the plagues which are in this book and if anyone takes away from the words of the book of this prophecy, god shall take away his part from the book of life from the holy city and from the things which are written in this book"
so i wouldnt want to make my own way if i was a christian....and it doesnt matter how many people go against what the bible says, in the end your still going against "the word of the lord" and i dont say its wrong for having icons the bible does...its ONE OF THE COMMANDMENTS

hey babe ,thank God I am not religious,cause I really appreaciate and love Davinci's art work,but i don't feel guilty,cause I don't have to follow the bible... ^_^

p.d Reading a lot more makes you end up with no religion,look at us :D

Last edited by a moderator:
TokyoVogue said:

Please read my last sentence again. I'm not going to repeat myself.

Ive read the bible millions of times, its a good read...but i find it funny a lot christians dont even know most of whats in there and yet i do!

TokyoVogue said:
Ive read the bible millions of times, its a good read...but i find it funny a lot christians dont even know most of whats in there and yet i do!

Cause it for real someone's is able to comprehend the bible,would never become a christian ...

ball79 said:
we can't recognize images of something that we don't know,the ones on the church had never seen jesus face... so it is unfair just to show images..

When someone does good things deep from the heart,doesn't need an award to be satisfied...

It all boils down to belief. In some religions, there is no display of God, etc. They do their worship in a different way.

It's not an award, it's a recognition, bestowed AFTER death. They're not given the title before they die.

TokyoVogue said:
and in the bible it states that you shouldnt have images of anything above eaarth on earth or below earth...no images whatsoever....not even of god....im not a practising christian yet i know more about this...people need to read the bible more

The display of images of God/Jesus, etc etc, all boils down to faith - some people adhere more closely to what is preached in the bible than others. Taken literally, yes, there shouldn't be such images, but there have been, for many thousands of years, a need and a want for people to see the faces of those they believe in, and thus, art featuring the features of God & Jesus and other saints began.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Images_of_Jesus

about the timeline throughout history about art featuring the face of Jesus.

Misako said:
The display of images of God/Jesus, etc etc, all boils down to faith - some people adhere more closely to what is preached in the bible than others. Taken literally, yes, there shouldn't be such images, but there have been, for many thousands of years, a need and a want for people to see the faces of those they believe in, and thus, art featuring the features of God & Jesus and other saints began.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Images_of_Jesus

about the timeline throughout history about art featuring the face of Jesus.

When you carve something or paint something your putting your time in and investing adoratioon...when catholics place food by their idols of the "blessed mother" what are they saying exactly?
People just have a lack of faith..the people in the bible saw god im sure if they modern christians stopped putting their time in on statues and more time on the real thing they'd see him too. and grow intheir own faith

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Calvin Stark
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->