The 'Porter by Net-A-Porter' Thead

I swear this magazine do so much better than bigger magazines ^_^

The only cover/ed I don't like, is Alessandra's. Too VS catalog for my taste.

Love Helena's and Julianne's covers! :heart:

Wow. Helena looks breathtaking in that editorial. The clean simplicity of it is so dynamic contrasted with her dramatic features. She's truly a stunning woman! Totally agree RE: Calvin Klein ad. Maybe they'll get an idea...

I usually prefer b&w photos, but the color photos of Helena are just so much better here. But still a beautiful editorial.

The Edit (Net-A-Porter) 01/09/2014
The Main Event
Photographer: Bjorn Iooss
Celebrities: Jessica Paré (Mad Men), Lena Headey (Game of Thrones), Morena Baccarin (Homeland) and Anna Gunn (Breaking Bad)

Leading Hollywood Actresses are NET-A-PORTER.COM's latest cover stars

This week's edition of NET-A-PORTER's digital magazine, THE EDIT, under Editor-in-Chief Lucy Yeomans, features four of Hollywood's leading ladies that are breathing life into the most fascinating characters in a generation, ushering in a new golden age of television. Morena Baccarin, Lena Headey, Jessica Pare and Anna Gunn get ready for their red carpet close-up in looks by Dolce & Gabbana, Adam Lippes, Maison Martin Margiela, 3.1 Phillip Lim, Halston Heritage, Gianvito Rossi, Roland Mouret, Jason Wu, Victoria Beckham and more.

In an exclusive interview, Morena Baccarin who plays the character of Jessica Brody in Showtime's hit series Homeland, reveals her segway onto the small screen. "I had these hoity-toity ideas about TV," she admits. "I wanted to work in theatre. But when I graduated, it was tough. I auditioned for pilots, and when I finally started working on a TV show, I had the greatest time. Everyone was so talented." Morena highlights the challenge in juggling her running emotions while being pregnant and filming Homeland. "Jessica [her character] is always under duress. At first I was worried I would be crying all the time while I was pregnant. But in fact, it made it somewhat easier because it was crystal clear what was me and what was my character." On her changing body shape, she adds "I'm trying to honour the path and just let my body slowly adapt to not being pregnant. I've always loved dressing up. The Italians - Roberto Cavalli, Dolce & Gabbana, Versace - are just right for my body shape."

Lena Headey, who plays one of the stars, Cersei, in HBO's hit series Game of Thrones, says her son is a main reason she can hold her own with members of the opposite sex. "My son is completely mad," she laughs. "He will run the length of our house and hurl himself at me from six feet away, like an assailant. I wrestle with him all day. It's brutal on my neck." She continues to say that motherhood has settled her in many ways. "You know that side of you that's a hedonist? I can no longer do those things, so Cersei's a good channel for me," she says. "It's fun to play a morally questionable person. Cersei has no empathy for anybody."

But Heady's booming success has not made her any less humble. "As an older actress, it's not easy," she says. "Luckily, on TV there are so many great characters for women." Although public appearances are still a struggle for her, "I'm terrible at it... I just leg it down the red carpet". She often calls on her friend, designer Alessandra Rich, when dressing for events, "She makes dresses that you feel sexy and comfortable in." But she is thrilled with the Dolce & Gabbana pantsuit and a bow tie. "I love this. I'm such a guy."

Anna Gunn, the star of Breaking Bad, spills about the emotional impact of the five-season long series. "It was eviscerating at times. We knew the show wasn't going to end happily and, towards the end, we were all affected by the story lines the characters were going through and saying goodbye to the show. Those feelings were really intertwined." Gunn goes on to admit that changing characters to her red carpet elegant persona did not come easy, "It took me a while to get used to the red carpet."

Emmy award winning Mad Men actress, Jessica Pare, credits her start in the entertainment industry with her interest in moving back to Canada. "I was the one debating if I should return to Canada to live with my parents," she admits. When asked about her career roots, she mentions her brief stint in the modelling industry before moving on to acting. "My mom took me to a model agent in Montreal when I was 16, and she said to come back after I lost 20 pounds. We walked out and I said, 'Maybe I should diet?' Mom said, 'Maybe we should go for cheeseburgers?'"

As the four take their places in their chosen pieces and pose for the camera, you know they will be preparing for red-carpet moments for years to come.

credit: netaporter.com

The Edit January 16th, 2014: Juliette Lewis by Victor Demarchelier

"The Rule Breaker"
Model/Star: Juliette Lewis
Photographer: Victor Demarchelier
Stylist: Karina Givargisoff
Hair: Marki Shkreli
Makeup: Chris Colbeck

net-a-porter.com

January 23, 2014

First Lady Of Song
Model Carla Bruni-Sarkozy
Photographer Koray Birand
Styling Joanna Schlenzka

net-a-porter

Claudia Schiffer is NET-A-PORTER.COM’s Latest Cover Star

This week’s edition of THE EDIT features supermodel Claudia Schiffer in sensual pieces by Alessandra Rich, Dolce & Gabbana, Marc Jacobs, Kiki de Montparnasse, L’Agent by Agent Provocateur, Oscar de la Renta, Gianvito Rossi, Maison Michel, Stella McCartney, Alexander McQueen, Joseph, Altuzarra, Mimi Holliday by Damaris and Donna Karan.

In an exclusive interview, Schiffer talks shows, shyness and country living. When discussing what currently has her stationed in suburban London, she dives in on the movie work she is doing with her husband of 12 years, British director and producer Matthew Vaughn. “I’ve helped on all his films before," says Schiffer of Vaughn’s back-catalogue, which includes Stardust and the Kick-*** franchise, "but over the years I’ve got more and more involved and my husband is more involved in my projects, so we’ve moved everything closer together.”

But suburban life is not new to the couple. They moved to rural Suffolk in the south east of England 13 years ago with their children: Caspar, 11, Clementine, nine, and Cosima, three. “Matthew and I decided that it wasn’t a healthy environment in which to raise children. Now they are in a country school and it is completely private. It's bliss.”

The country life may come as a shock to most for a high profile, supermodel, but Schiffer insists that shyness is part of her DNA. “When I started modelling I wouldn’t say a word,” she remembers. “I literally wouldn’t open my mouth. If someone talked to me I would go bright red, and I spent the whole time praying that I wasn’t the next person in the pictures, as I hated being the centre of attention.”

Schiffer is still one of the most in-demand models in the world, although she is very selective about what she says yes to. “To be able to say no you have to be happy in yourself, and I am,” she says. “I am balanced and, though I am shy, I am secure and safe. I’m also secure in my position in fashion as I know I worked really hard over a long period of time.”

She attributes her shyness to helping her avoid the pressures that sent most models off the rail in the 90’s. “I didn’t like the taste of alcohol or cigarettes, and believe me, I tried them!” she says. “But in the first 10 years of modelling, I was so shy that no one offered me anything and I was oblivious to it. That probably saved me.”

While fashion is still important to Schiffer, she has learned to take things in stride with herself, her work and her lifestyle. “I haven’t been to a fashion show in ages,” she says. “But when I have sat there, watching the models walk, I honestly think, ‘Thank God that’s not me’.”

images, video & copy courtesy of netaporter.com

Glad to see Claudia! Love this cover and editorial more than her editorial and cover for Marie Claire :D

February 20, 2014

The Storybook Heroine
Model Sophie Dahl
Photographer Mariano Vivanco
Styling Natalie Brewster

net-a-porter

Uma Thurman talks about her return to the big screen in NET-A-PORTER.COM’s THE EDIT

This week’s edition of THE EDIT features actress Uma Thurman in glamorous pieces by Roberto Cavalli, Dolce & Gabbana, Emilio Pucci, Lanvin and Maison Martin Margiela all photographed by Giampaolo Sgura.

Starring in the most controversial film of the year, Lars Von Trier’s Nyphomaniac, Thurman confesses she felt “alive” working with the notorious director. “There is no greater quality in a director than precision,” she says. “When you work with great people, half the battle is meeting them. Everyone is scared of everyone else.”

Described by one critic as “possibly the finest 10 minutes of her career”, her return to the big screen marks a new chapter in Thurman’s career. “I’ve never had such a big step back. So it will all be new for me. It will feel as if it’s the first time.”

Recently seen toting her two year old daughter Rosalind on the Nymphomaniac promotional tour, she admits that she was a “child” when she had her first two children with Ethan Hawke, “When you first have a child in the early side of your child-bearing years - which for a New Yorker means there's still a 2 in front of your age, as opposed to a 3 or a 4 or a 5 - you're changing yourself so much as a person, you're so volatile. You think you're grown up. But you're such a child yourself."

Her experience in her forties has been completely different. "I was so surprised at how many things seemed new again… You're a different person.”

Looking better than ever at this year’s BAFTA’s in Atelier Versace and spotted at the Royal Reception for Dramatic Arts with Prince William and Kate Middleton, Thurman shows no signs of stopping. Although, family is her main focus and she has decided to cut back on her work because of it, "I doubt it [acting] would be terribly full-time... I don't want to just do things for the sake of being busy."

net-a-porter.com

March 6, 2014

The Way She Wears It
Model Hilary Rhoda
Photographer Raf Stahelin
Styling Maya Zepinic

net-a-porter

March 13, 2014

The Woman Within
Model Zoe Saldana
Photographer Matteo Montanari
Styling Natalie Brewster