The Rise Of The Birkin

Discussion in 'Trend Spotting' started by Meg, Feb 10, 2004.

View Users: View Users
  1. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

I have been thinking about this a lot lately and am starting to see the Birkin get a lot more mainstream exposure. It might just be something I've noticed but it seems that Birkin knock-offs are becoming more and more commonplace but than that the style of the bag as a trend. I've noticed Birkin style bags in some high-street stores and think that the shape and the bag itself will only continue to grow in popularity with the mainstream. Anybody else's thoughts? :flower:

2. Jaim45

Jaim45 New Member

There are Birkin knockoffs everywhere where I live (eastern US). The funny thing is, is that no one knows they are birkins. No ones even heard of that here. Everyone is still hyped up about Coach purses - haha kinda pathetic

3. lele

lele New Member

i love the shape of the bag....
    while we are on the subject...
    give opinions on the best REAL bag that is birkin inspired..... i cannot carry a fake but want the look and feel of a birkin without a knockoff.

4. Meg

Meg inspired contemplation

sorry I just re-read what I typed and a couple lines made no sense (as often happens with my typing). I just meant I think the birkin shape is becoming a lot more mainstream, while people might not say 'oh this looks like a Birkin rip-off' I think the replica's are hitting mainstream in terms of style. make sense?

5. Acid

Acid yes

i know what u mean Meg,
    every store here seems to have their own birkin bag

( Peacocks, Russel&bromley, Office........etc)