The Row F/W 10.11 New York

So there are lots of designers who would never have got anywhere if it hadn't been for their background/huge luck. Yeah, it's the Olsens. They used to be on TV. We all know. It's boring to keep going on about it.

I don't like the collection, it makes models look short.

Some need to get over the fact that it's MK & Ash and their team who designed the collection. You can see (if you do research) that they are both hard working business women and are very passionate about their incredibly successful fashion lines. It's not like they just came from a reality t.v show and decided to do a fashion line......they have been involved in fashion for a long time now. Remember their Walmart line? Even they have said that fashion isn't something you can just start and stop....it's for the long term and they get that!

I like most of the pieces. I especially love the blue and the first coat's fabrics look sumptious. But I maintain that this is really Ashley's line and that MK being credited and coming out at the end is sort of ridiculous. She may breeze in and out with an idea here or a fabric there but Ashley is the one doing all the real work.

^ Um, but you don't KNOW that. Its just your opinion that Ashley does all the work, but the fact is, no one (apart from those involved directly in the business) knows how it works exactly. I honestly don't get where your indignation is coming from.

It's what The Row has always been...simple, elegant, minimalist. Carolyn Bessette seems to be the inspiration here...

I agree that it's very Ashley.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought this was a beautiful and simple collection and I love the sandals. It feels fresh to me. I don't know about everyone else but I wear sandals quite late in the season so that's nice to see some looks paired that way. The styling was gorgeous and for me, what I take from it is more that, because you can recreate most of these looks using your own or less expensive pieces.

i would have loved to see what kind of shoes/boots they would have used if there wasn't "delivery problems"!!

absolutely flawless. seriously, if narciso rodriguez walked out after this collection instead of those girls, everyone would applaud. they know their audience. it's the super-rich manhattan woman who has money to spend but doesn't want to flaunt it with logoes or must have items, but with quality, cut, and construction.

not incredible or particularly interesting, but nice anyway. i would wear a lot of this

they know their audience. it's the super-rich manhattan woman who has money to spend but doesn't want to flaunt it with logoes or must have items, but with quality, cut, and construction.

That description sounds like Gwyneth Paltrow!

why cant i find the thread when i use the search toolbar?

I liked it. That being said it's nothing we haven't seen before.

i actually really like it! maybe a tadddd bit on the boring side, but other than that i can imagine myself in most of the outfits. if I could afford them that is

at least really nices things. not that it is aboslutely wonderful, but this is nice to look at

Not as much as I've exepcted, but I like it. Of course we can see that there's alot of designer inspiration, but some of the clothes are really interesting and definately will be in my closet. Those pants :love: I love them, and the bags.... I loved the detail shots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->