The Row F/W 2018.19 New York

From the previews it looks very modern and much less monastic than previous seasons, which I think is a step in the right direction. These clothes aren't precious but yet they're luxurious, they seem to move well and work in a corporate setting.

I think a lot of Philo's Céline customers will turn to The Row in the upcoming seasons if the brand's strategy is right.

This is so heavy and the colors are so not inviting...
The best pieces are the two fitted ones and the rest is meh! I'm really not a THE ROW woman.

From the previews it looks very modern and much less monastic than previous seasons, which I think is a step in the right direction. These clothes aren't precious but yet they're luxurious, they seem to move well and work in a corporate setting.

I think a lot of Philo's Céline customers will turn to The Row in the upcoming seasons if the brand's strategy is right.

Really?
Those clothes are lifeless and neither interesting in the cut, the materials and everything.
Looking at past Celine collections, i don't know how this could sit next to it.

^ thank you Lola701. You said everything. Céline women love luxurious, timeless yet playful looks.

This collection is lifeless and boring. They need to really focus on their fitting. Everything seems too big.

I can spot one of the Olsens at the front row. Girl, can you even pretend that you are the designer running and sweating in the backstage? Embarrasing.

The only good thing here is the casting as usual. I'm not buying their lifestyle. It's really nice in terms of quality but I'm done with the NY versions of Phoebe.

they should get a stylist because all these girls have never looked worse before. the hair is terrible and everything is just too heavy looking.

I love it (as per usual). I'm a huge fan of The Row because the pieces are so timeless and the fabric and cut is always exceptional. This collection doesn't seem to be any exception.

In my mind it highlights their ability to create pieces that have a very natural feel - the way the coats fall sort of remind me of calm water - I don't know how to word it but it's minimalism in a very peaceful, earthy kind of way.

Heavy, for a winter collection? I guess people were expecting miniskirts.

Loving the crucible vibes. Not reallly concerned about whats from the neck up.

I want to hate it. I want to hate everything about it (because I can't stand the Olsens, this whole fake stunt as designers - do we even know who's really designing this). But it's so hard.

I love 80% of it. I love how heavy and sober everything feels, how practical, the colour palette (that green is gorgeous), the large cuts.

In this Gucci-Vetements-Wang-Instagram centered era, and with Céline being half-dead, I just want/need a bit of sobriety, exquisite tailoring, fabrics that caress my skin instead of scratching/constricting.

Not sure about how good this actually looks (the blurry pictures do nothing to help this collection) but I can't help but like what I see.

^^^ If some can set aside their seething disdain for the Olsens for just moment and see the pieces for what they are: A no-nonsense, easy-to-wear, understated luxury that flatters the wearer (of different body types) and not about shouting to everyone how fashionable you are— but just how good you can look, then there’s an undeniable serenity and quiet confidence presented here.

The Phoebe/Celine copycat dismissal is rather unfair, as there’s more of a Margiela for Hermes, with a decent dose of 90s Calvin Klein that permeates throughout the collections in a consistent basis. Phoebe does not rock my world ias it does for many, so I tend to not see her influences everywhere (although no doubt the majority of NYC designers are just picking up her scraps for sure.) Just not here. Whomever are designing The Row, gets my admiration.

Also I forgot to mention that this cast is to die for. I mean: Kirsty Hume opening, Karen Elson, Nimue Smit, Alana Zimmer, Sylvia van der Klooster, Saskia de Brauw, Vlada, Cecilia Chancellor, Tasha Tilberg, Esther de Jong, Ajak Deng, Alek Wek, Constance Jablonski, Liisa Winkler, Jacquelyn Jablonski, and Yasmin Warsame closing.

I love this but at the same time it makes me a bit mad because it makes me realize how much I hate the fashion industry's ageism. All of these icons should still be getting top jobs left and right, not one-offs like this and a few other things they do here and there.

It's a good move by The Row too, as they're pretty much the only ones who bring legends for almost every show they do.

Meh, depressing, seems too "we are serious designers so we're going to do channel Owens/Yohji/Margiela archives this season to prove it".

Meh, depressing, seems too "we are serious designers so we're going to do channel Owens/Yohji/Margiela archives this season to prove it".

I'm a bit confused about comments like these because it's not like it comes as a surprise this has been The Row's aesthetic for years, despite the fact I also see mostly Margiela's work at Hermès as well as 90ies Calvin and Jil Sander as influences in their work, which were also major inspiration for Phoebe Philo's Céline at the time (I can only disagree to the disproportional amount of credit she gets when it's really going down to Jil Sander...).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->