The Row F/W 2021.22 New York

What the point? I'm sure all of their clients already own these clothes in their closets. Each seasons they became more and more "vanilla", how long can they milking this?

What the point? I'm sure all of their clients already own these clothes in their closets. Each seasons they became more and more "vanilla", how long can they milking this?

Definitely. I have this same feeling for the Meier's at Jil Sander, especially with their menswear. It is painstakingly slow, both THE ROW and Jil Sander, but in my opinion, it does progress each season. I can appreciate how the twins use their minimal, "chic" foundation to launch widely successful accessories each year though. I guess that is why they always are in the running for the CFDA Accessories prize, not that those awards truly mean anything. Those thigh-high worn leather wader-like boots are beautiful and the discreet handbags are always luxe.

Honestly I like it. I feel like it is my cure for all these OTT logo mania cheap fabrics collections we had to digest from a lot of brands.
Lemaire lost its sparkles but this feels very luxurious, the brown is perfect, some sleek looks.

Plus, a lot of people gather multiple coats with some variations - the length, the collar, the buttons etc. Phoebe Philo really made people believe in the idea of building an uniform and to slightly improves it.

Still a sucker for The Row. Not going to knock luxe for luxe's sake given the overabundance of merch-driven brands. The RTW usually has enough "new" for me each season that I can add a few key pieces to my wardrobe that will last several seasons/years and there's enough IG-friendly accessories to make it palatable for a broader audience. I love Lemaire as well but have to be honest that their collections tend to be a little more "quirky" and the sizing/fit of the pieces can be difficult to wear for the less adventurous. That's my point of contrast between the two... As a woman, there's very few brands out there that provide something wearable, comfortable, glamorous, but not overtly sexy.

I know a lot of people dislike Hermes here, but if I had enough money, I would honestly just fill my wardrobe with Hermes and The Row. No logos, no bulls*it, no gimmick, just minimal, high quality, luxurious clothes, and I feel that The Row and Hermes would go together so well...

This is mesmerizing! I just love this collection of Row, just look at all the coats, their color & the sleeky look is very decent yet beautiful. If I had this much money or even some huge discounts and deals then I would have bought all of these altogether. Still, I am gonna buy at least one of them for me.

Depressing. The models look miserable. I get that this is their thing, but this has no joy and no soul.

I'm never been annoyed by their work but this is just unexciting...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->