The Row : from Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen #2

just went on bergdorf's wedsite. it's still amazing to me that they're only 24 and they create the clothes they do.

I know Belinda in Australia had the mint cardigan...

Thanks Miss Famous. Unfortunately not in Australia and I wound up buying a mint green cardi from J.Crew since I couldn't find it. Wanted more of a boy cut like The Row one, but at least the color is good.

I had no idea they designed their own line themselves... I thought they commissioned others to do it for them...

The Row has signed up none other than Tom Pecheux and MAC for its September 14 show, replacing Lancôme, which sponsored the Olsens’ runway debut last season. If precedent proves correct, the Tom + Ashley + Mary-Kate equation will likely produce some makeup magic.
- STYLE.COM

Might be a silly questions, but where in Europe can one buy things from their collection?

Net-a-porter (international) also stocks the collection and they deliver worldwide so you can shop there

Bad news :(

Breaking: The Olsens Cancel The Row Runway Show

The Row–the upscale collection designed by Mary Kate and Ashley Olsen–has just canceled its show, according to a source close the situation.

“They’re changing directions,” says the source. This would have been the second showing at New York Fashion Week for the label.

Whether this means the designers will be doing market appointments with buyers and editors is unknown, but one has to wonder whether this has to do with funding. While the collection is beloved by editors and stylists, including us, the prices are out of control. No t-shirt, I don’t care who makes it and what it’s made from, should cost $500. That’s probably why there was a ton of The Row product at the Barneys Warehouse Sale. We know that the label laid quite a few people off in early 2009–maybe they’re still struggling to gain momentum post-recession.

But despite the fact that we think some of their prices are crazy, we’re still kind of bummed that they’re not showing. Last season’s collection was stellar. We’ll keep you updated if we hear more.

- FASHIONISTA.COM

GOOD NEWS PEOPLE :buzz:

Olsens Postpone NY Row Show

NEW YORK — Mary Kate-Olsen and Ashley Olsen have postponed their runway presentation for The Row because of delayed sample deliveries. The Olsens were scheduled to show the spring collection of their designer brand at Milk Studios Tuesday. They are now planning to unveil the line to buyers and editors in Paris during the city’s fashion week, which is scheduled Sept.28-Oct.6.

“We have made the decision to postpone our spring-summer 2011 presentation of The Row due to sample delivery,” Mary-Kate Olsen and Ashley Olsen said in a joint statement. “Production and delivery of our samples is delayed by a few days and this has cast us out of the New York schedule. We will therefore present it to the market within the Paris schedule. We are excited and are looking forward to presenting our collection.”

- WWD.COM

They are showing in Paris but not on the schedule - seems like it's just a presentation to editors and buyers?

hmm sad, i wanted runway show. Anyway - on the other hand paris match this line better imo

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew637
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->