The Row... The All-Things The Row Handbags Thread

$39,000 :shock:

That's a little more than what I pay for a year of tuition for school. I couldn't even use that backpack to carry books to classes.

apparently Barney's has already received two pre-orders for the croc backpack...

^Cool!

If I could, I'd totally buy one. The leather looks divine.

I mean, there obviously will be a market for the ultra-luxe handbags - those who have money to spend and don't care if a Birkin or Nancy Gonzalez bag is better value but personally regardless if I have the money or not, I just think those pricing margins are ridiculous and unless it's handcrafted by the person who personally wrestled the alligator and then kissed by the Olsens, I'm not interested.

i think it is the height of pretension to price an item that high.
a bespoke alligator birkin is less inexpensive than this. :huh:
and its a better investment.

Jesus Christ, that's how much I pay for two years' worth of tuition! :shock: And it's not even that original a design.

$39 000 is a lot for a bag like that, most bags like that cost around $10 000 i think.

That expensive backpack reminds me of a recent ep of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills where one of the women has $25,000 sunglasses. It will definitely appeal to a certain nouveau riche woman who likes to say, "Oh! This bag? ...It cost $39,000!"

The rest of the bags are rather chic, minimal. That backpack is the only thing out of place with their average customer who seems like a woman who is understated and not too flashy.

^That's funny because I really don't consider it as a flashy bags. I've seen Ashley wearing it many times and it doesn't seem to look as a "in your face" kind of bag to me. It's quite discreet.

I wonder if that's because Ashley, herself, isn't a flashy person...so nothing she wears looks tacky. I'd have to see what the women look like who buy it, but my sense is that these big ticket items attract a certain kind of woman.

^Yeah, I completely agree with that. I'm guessing that you feel like you could see that bag on the shoulder of a Balmain-buyer nouveau riche. And you may be right, it can definitely attract that kind of client. Let's hope that it won't the case of 90% of the buyers of this bag :lol:

I just realize one thing. The Row bags look like Victoria Beckham's! the metal details on the front...

That expensive backpack reminds me of a recent ep of Real Housewives of Beverly Hills where one of the women has $25,000 sunglasses. It will definitely appeal to a certain nouveau riche woman who likes to say, "Oh! This bag? ...It cost $39,000!"

The rest of the bags are rather chic, minimal. That backpack is the only thing out of place with their average customer who seems like a woman who is understated and not too flashy.

i can't see anyone who would buy this bag saying "oh this bag cost $35,000!" :lol:
it's not for that kind of woman...
i just don't understand the big deal over the price...
wouldn't a 35cm alligator birkin be about the same price?
clearly there is a market for it, because it's sold out...

i have to say, i saw the bags in person this past weekend, and the tote that ashley carries all the time is stunning in person...
it reminds me of valextra or delvaux or some of the non-obvious celine bags (like the new doctors bag), understated elegance...

the prices boggle my mind. I hope they are of excellent quality. A bag blog I read was raving about them, but I don't know. I wonder if the fix is in. I just can't imagine they are really all that to be worth that price.

The shoulder bags are very pretty, they're on my wish list lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->