The Row Pre-Fall 2018

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by marcBarna, Apr 13, 2018.

1. marcBarna

marcBarna Active Member

2. marcBarna

marcBarna Active Member

3. lelaid

lelaid Well-Known Member

I just don't get all the praise their collections get. It all looks like a massively oversized mashup of Eileen Fisher and Phoebe Philo to me.

4. Wintergreen

Wintergreen Active Member

I'm ambivalent towards this, it's a bit more wearable than usual but at the same time I feel like it kind of lacks the je ne sais quois that makes it stand out from the rest.

Georgina, though. :heart::wub::heart::wub:

5. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

It's the fashion equivalent of sleeping pills. zzzzzz

6. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

Depressing...
    For me the "The Row" woman is the type of woman who will feel better than anybody else because she thinks that she has a higher taste. She is the type to name drop an expected list of designers and pretend to have a rich intellectual and cultural life.

All of that, of course, in the lounge area of her NYC penthouse.
    OTT minimalism...As loud as it vulgar equivalent: Phillip Plein.

7. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

That ivory embroidered piece ... at first glance I thought, What in the world are all those wrinkles?! I would wear that, but probably wouldn't want to pay the price. Beautiful, but extremely plain. I would think this would work best for someone with money to burn who actively dislikes detail and ornament.

And Lola ... harsh indeed :lol:

8. tricotineacetat

tricotineacetat Well-Known Member

Some of the fabric choices seem rather poor, like the trench and wide pants outfit (2nd outfit, post no.2) made from what seems like an undyed wool suiting. the trench misses that paper-y structure a nice cotton would have provided, and lacks the lush drape that a silk-y fabric would have offered.

I liked a good part of the runway collection but I am inclined to agree this is rather drab and depressing to look at...

9. GivenchyAddict

GivenchyAddict Well-Known Member

I thought the same :lol: . I am very minimalist, even if I start to be fed up with this term, and I liked at the beginning The Row but since few collections, I feel very bored and I hate when designers think minimalism = boring because it is not.

I am really curious to know their figures, their customer profile, etc.

10. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

I usually like what they do here at The Row. However, this is or tra sad looking.

I’ve popped in their Melrose store a few times and I’m always very impressed with how luxurious and sensual their product is.

They’ve captured that same sensibility on their runways a number of times, but when they gofull-on nun...I can’t say it works in the same way. It loses the appeal for me.