The Row Resort 2011

ADLET

Reaction score
NEW YORK, June 15, 2010
By Nicole Phelps

To what does Mary-Kate Olsen chalk up the success of The Row, the three-year-old design label she runs with her sister Ashley? "It's about the fabrics, the fit, and how the clothes feel on the body," she said at a showroom presentation today, where she was hands-on, helping the models into highlights from their Resort collection. In keeping with the Fall runway debut, their latest effort is quite understated, but not without delightful little details. An otherwise spare white silk three-quarter-sleeve minidress, for instance, has subtle slice pockets at the top of the thighs, the better to help you ace your slouch. The pants of a tweedy blue cashmere suit, meanwhile, feature a crossover waistband that ensures the silhouette is more feminine than masculine. And replacing the denim-colored python dress that had everyone talking in February is a black matte crocodile vest. Accessorizing all the looks: a great old pair of loafers from the minimal nineties (not one of the Olsens' own designs, but still testament to their discerning taste). And if shoes aren't in The Row's near future, Mary-Kate did say that they're working on a prototype for their first bag.

Their Fall Winter collection was much much much better. This looks very amish to me and I dont understand who their customer base is these days. Weren't they looking to situate The Row somewhere in between Alexander Wang and Proenza Schouler?

Too simple for my taste. It's not I dislike simple clothes, but this is too boring...

Its kinda boring.. and the clothes don't do much? It just looks like they've dumped lots of fabric on a model and took a photo of it. Don't like all this long long long everything either.

I thought I was going to see something a bit more exciting, but this is a very dull collection. Lots of over sized peices. I think if they used half the fabric it actucally would have been a bit of an improvment

now that you've put it this way, TREVOFASHIONISTO, I think you're right!

Yawn. Boring, if you have a platform to create something at least present something that is spectacular.

This looks like a really cheap Alexander collection. What the f*** happened, their fall/winter collection was easily one of my favorites because it exuded this effortless attitude which seems the total opposite here. The clothes are incredibly drab, they're unflattering, and if they were going for the "oversized overlayered" look, then they completely failed.

I love it! I'd wear all of it. They create clothes you can wear daily, not high fashion statement pieces.

i swear, raf simons stops giving us good old-fashioned jil sander for one season and everyone rushes in to fill the void. yes, phoebe got us concentrated on minimalism again, but i'd argue, the row has provided much of the insider backdrop for this movement as well. yes, these clothes aren't startling in their newness, but they're arresting in their austerity. like it or not, a long skirt remains a challenging fashion proposition -- just ask yohji or gareth -- in the world of pencil skirts and minidresses. and match any of these pieces with extras from proenza or ysl, and you'd have a great look for the urban woman.

nothing really exciting in this collection.....but i guess that was the point.

There's something very austere about this collection, I like that.

i think if you took the pieces apart, they stand alone as well made high quality basics that are trendless....

Oh I want to like this collection so bad, but I just can't !!
This all was already seen...so boring collection

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->