The Scoodie

ellastica

Reaction score
has anyone seen these? they're a scarf/hoodie hybrid and pretty effin genius! i think the 'trend' is actually a couple years old but i just encountered one at work the other day and instantly felt the urge to buy one, this type of behavior rarely happens with me. i want one very badly esp with winter coming up and my jackets not having hoods on them. but am restraining myself for a reasonably priced one that's just right ^_^

here's some etsy versions:

Whiteout-Hooded-Scarf-1.jpg

joesdaily.com

4986966761_e2b1c9028d_z.jpg

boltneighborhood.com

Design-Stockholm-Pleece-Hood-2-Aubergine-product-16x9_jpg_700x394_crop_upscale_q85.jpg

ahalife.com

^ haha, I see what you did there.

From a practicality standpoint, I see the appeal, but it looks a bit precious IMO. Probably would look better if any of the models were actually wearing a coat as you would expect, if the weather required the item in the first place.

ohhh noes heheheh I don't like this, I like the good old veil/head scarf look better.

I don't really get these. I like the concept but I think on most people they just look silly. I might understand their practicality more if I lived in a colder environment. :P I agree with a poster above, it only looks right if paired with a winter coat.

Got one last year from COS and another one a few weeks ago at H&M. I like their cosy feel and it's practical, less hair disruptive than beanies or hats when you take it off.

I really dislike these. Just wear a scarf. Or a hat. Or both. But not this.

I use to wear these all the time....they're great for Chicago winters.

Uh... no. About as dumb as a Snuggie (all due respect). And yes- wear a scarf or no scarf at all. But you'll never know- some dumb a..., I mean... an eccentric person will probably make these as fashionable as wearing sheepskin boots with mini skirts. So some of us can hate on these scoodies all we want, but it's not going to suppress this thing reaching trendy limits.

^i think you're jumping the gun a bit on it reaching 'trendy limits'. it's been like 5 years since this came out and there's been no mention of the scoodie on tfs, if that's any indication. any trickling up of this 'trend' has been very gradual.

Seattle Falls and Winters are very chilly. and finding winter jackets in petit sizes with a hood is pretty damn near impossible, let alone in a style that suits me. personally i like the idea of one accessory covering both the head and neck at the same time; it's really not that far of a stretch and am surprised it's not been done sooner. and when done well the scoodie can be very stylish and functional, which i'm sure people who've worn or tried them can attest to. the scoodies got versatility as far design and styling possibilities and one ups the scarf, which is the whole point. and depending on the style of the hood, it doesn't scream 'scoodie.' as with any 'trend' it all comes down to personalization and making it your own ^_^

I don't see the "problem" with that item. It's been done forever. Women wearing big shawls or scarves over their head and draping the length around the neck... is basically the same concept as a "scoodie".
Is it because it has been deemed officially trendy with an awful name that it gets all this negative feedback?

When it rains and don't have an umbrella, I'll just put my scarf over my head and wrap it for protection. Same goes when it's cold and windy and I stupidly forgot to put a hat on.

Giovanna-Battaglia-Scarf1.jpg

(garance doré)

audrey-hepburn-foulard.jpg

grace-kelly-foulard

foulard-hermes.jpg

(nouvelleeve)

Agreed Aby. Also Robert Geller and Simon Spurr both put out an acceptable one this season.

i don't think that a slk scarf tied around the head is the equivalent of a wool hood with a scarf hanging off it...

anyway- i don't really like either look very much...
i find it very un-cute...
:ermm:...

I can't imagine ever wearing this look in mild winter weather like I experience. But if it was really cold I can see the attraction of these practically. But then, well, I suppose you could just wear a beanie/woollen hat with a scarf...

Asos always has them if anyone is ever searching for a cheap one.

Marc by Marc Jacobs FW 2006

020820060749289227_show_fullscreen_view.jpg

020820061251503724_runway.jpg

(Elle)

Apart from the ones posted originally (the one of which with the label at the point of the hood is horrendous) what is the difference between these and just wrapping a wide scarf around your neck and head?
Unless it was designed better and more elaborately (which wouldn't be hard) the only difference would be a single dart or seam at the most.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robert0199
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->