The Scrunchie

leyla m.

Reaction score
from fashionweekdaily

The Scrunchie: It's Back, Featuring Nicky Hilton
No, we did not make this up

Thursday, April 29, 2004

Thought you’d never be able to get those Hilton sisters out of your hair? You were right! Nicky Hilton, the younger of the dynamic-hotel-heiress-duo, recently announced that she’ll be joining Scunci ®, which created the ‘80s must-have, the Scrunchie. Hilton, 20, will be the firm’s new spokesperson and designer, creating new products, putting a fresh twist on existing ones and developing a signature collection of who knows what. The press release says ‘lifestyle-oriented merchandise,’ but given the Hilton lifestyle, The Daily is struggling with an appropriate translation.

Hilton will continue designing her sporty purses, which are still available at Henri Bendel and Fred Segal.

Haha :lol: What a humourous passage :wink: :P

I wonder how she's going to revive scrunchies. It just doesn't sound too possible. Guess we'll have to wait and see. :rolleyes:

Scunci doesn't just make "Scrunchies" though. They make some great hairpins and clips. I have a lot of stuff from them because I buy hair accessories on an impulse basis and they do have some great products. They have an entire line of clips, ponytail holders, and hairpins designed especially for thick hair that I have had great satisfaction with.

I would not be surprised if she designs a line of barettes and clips and other hair accessories. If they matched my clothing and aesthetic, I would buy them, providing the price was in line with the other stuff Scunci sells.

I don't like Scruchies, though. They never did stay in my hair right and they will keep your hair damp all day if you put one on your ponytail when you first get out of the shower, then it gets a horrid mildew smell and you have to throw it out. :yuk:

i am envios life is so easy for her. granted, she has the talent, but so do the other 99,999 people whose name isn't hilton.

Reminds me of the episode of SATC where Carrie fought with Berger over whether or not New York women wear scrunchies. :lol:

Originally posted by hollyslookingdry@May 9th, 2004 - 1:54 pm
Reminds me of the episode of SATC where Carrie fought with Berger over whether or not New York women wear scrunchies. :lol:
:lol: Yeah!!!
"The only time you'll catch a woman wearing a scrunchie is when she's washing her face" -Carrie

Originally posted by Purr@May 9th, 2004 - 6:11 am
i am envios life is so easy for her. granted, she has the talent, but so do the other 99,999 people whose name isn't hilton.
exactly. if she wasn't a hilton she'd be waiting tables or pumping gas somewhere.

Originally posted by BagGal+May 9th, 2004 - 2:14 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(BagGal @ May 9th, 2004 - 2:14 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-hollyslookingdry@May 9th, 2004 - 1:54 pm
:lol: Yeah!!!
"The only time you'll catch a woman wearing a scrunchie is when she's washing her face" -Carrie [/b][/quote]
hahahahaha not even! but that is so true! i tend to just use a clip, but until i lost all my scrunchies, (not that im sad) thats what i used.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
l3db3l
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"