The Sims 3

hey guyss,
how do you install the stuff from that site Trevo posted ?
i tried with another site before and none of the downloaded content showed up :ermm:

^Put the custom content files into: My Documents\EA Games\Sims 2\Downloads\ :flower:

oh.
do you "save" the file when you click the thing to download ?
the only other option is find... so im assuming save ?

^Oui, you save the file and extract the files. Then put the extracted files in the the 'Downloads' folder :magic:

okay.
i must have done something wrong..

i saved the files in 'downloads' in the sims folder and they arent in my game :cry:
what did i do wrong ?

I have the sims 3...but I'm a little bored without the expansion packs. Apparently my sim a rock star...what next?

I've got really, REALLY bad graphic expiriences with this game.
It's an okay game, I miss some Sims 2 interactions and time goes really slowly.

^ If you want time to go faster, just go to thesims3.com and update your game. :flower:

Does anyone know any websites with really good download for the sims3.... and with fashionable non tacky clothes?

^Thanks for the links TREVO :buzz:

I need a place for hairstyles as well. Some of them can look a bit to fake sometimes :lol:

So...
I'm a Sims newbie... :lol:
I''ve never played it before but now I think it sounds really interesting, because you can get the designer clothes . ^_^
But I have a question: Should I get Sims 2 or Sims 3?
Since I'm a newbie, I'd like the easier version if there is one, and I want the designer clothes... I have a new laptop (Mac) if that changes anything.
Thanks!

If you want the designer clothes, get Sims 2 for now.

If, like me, you're tired of Sims 2 crashing all the time, of it taking a good 30 minutes to start up (I have a LOT of custom content though :ninja:), and you want the new features, get Sims 3. There isn't a lot of custom clothing for Sims 3 yet, but there will be - the creators just had to start from scratch in figuring out how to make it. They're actually working on a tool to convert Sims 2 clothing to Sims 3 clothing! :D

Thank you for your reply. :flower:

Do you know about how long it will take for the creators to figure it out? Because I can want if it wont be that long but if it will, I'd like to just get started with Sims 2.

Thanks! :flower:

No, I don't know exactly how long it will take them. There's 2 forums that are really into figuring this stuff out, and they'll probably be the first to release tools & new custom content:

http://www.modthesims.info/
http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/

Looking on the front page of ModTheSims, there's already a bunch of items there that have been converted - check the descriptions. :D They've figured out how to do hair styles, so clothing can't be too far behind, I'd say.

I have downloaded a few custom clothing items already not to mention hair and furniture items... I don't think it will be very long for more stuff to be created.. Right now you just have to search alot for it but you will find some stuff, I would give it a month or two..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->