The Sunday Times UK Style Magazine

I got two copies yesterday, one from the store and then another free from a Coffee House.
The content is really good in this issue. I've never noticed this until it was advertised on TV. Cato's editorial is stunning, the effects fantastic. Have the other issues been posted on tFS before? Thanks for the scans McQueezy.

The other issues are nothing like this one in all fairness. I really loved this issue.

It's a good magazine, and it is always strong in its content, but it doesn't usually have eds such as this with such big names. It often has a celebrity on the cover and a couple of pictures to go with it that are usually great. It's also much smaller in scale usually, smaller than A4, and printed on different paper.

From next week however it is getting a new look, so maybe it will change to be more like this special edition issue.

The Decline of the Bourgeosie
Cato Van Ee by Vanina Sorrenti

my scans

Goodness, Grace and Me
Christy Turlington by Regan Cameron

my scans

Hmm. Is this the "model casually drops into the conversation how much she's eating" moment of the interview?
quote from above article
:rolleyes:
:lol:

Lily looks great in the editorial :blush:
The content was really interesting too. Thank you McQueezy for the scans or else I wouldn't have been able to read it... ^_^

Sex Factor
Ellen Von Unwerth article

Fashionista quiz that I thought people might like ^_^

my scans

Last edited by a moderator:
Great article ! and a never seen photo of Vanessa Paradis !!!

Alle the eds are quite nice. Especially Cato's ed :heart:

From next week however it is getting a new look, so maybe it will change to be more like this special edition issue.

I used to like it, but it slid into being repetitively vapid, so I gave up on it - sometimes the supplement wasn't even worth stealing from outside the local supermarket, from the pile of returns left out at night. The seasonal special issues have the virtue of 'more content' but even then, the paper could be better, and the overall tone of the writing is amusing in the short-term but builds up to be a bit lightweight over the months and years.

I don't think I've read it for about a year, so it could have changed in that time - I'd definitely be interested in seeing what a revamp does to things, and if it could balance out the idiotically frivolous or stiffly pompous features with different voices, it would be a winner, because you get plenty of models both known and new, the editorials are often decent, and I remember the interiors section as being rather nice as well.

I buy the Sunday Times every week, and Style is a nice informative fashion supplement but nothing to write home about. And I agree with Tiger I hope they tone down the vapid feeling of it all.

Is Lily famous in the UK? I mean, is she well-known?

She's well known to those who know fashion I'd imagine, but she's not like a celebrity or such. They point it out in the article, the reporter asks her about her love life and she says something like "come on, your readers don't care who I'm dating."

Oh. :lol: Well, I think she is gorgeous. I like her more than Laura Hollins. :innocent:

The re-launch edition of the Style magazine launches this coming Sunday, the cover's a Gisele shot by Mario Testino.

I really hope it's more like this brilliant edition.

It's the same shot of her used for the cover of Testino's new book. Only it's in the proper colours, and says Gisele in handwritten text across it.

stylerumour.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->