The Urban Decay Thread

I think Urban Decay has the best lipgloss. I recently started using their products.

This may seem like a strange question, but years ago (I'm guessing 2002 or 2003?) I bought UD eyeshadows in Asphyxia and Hotpants and they were the most fantastic, intense, brilliantly pigmented colours ever. I lost them a while ago and I went to Sephora to replace them today, and they looked NOTHING like what I remember. Really weak, sheer, and generally blah. So have they changed many products over the last few years? I was so disappointed when I saw what they'd done to these two great shades.

So I've been thinking about purchasing an Urban Decay eyeliner pencil (in a brown shade) but am curious to see what everyone else thinks before I do so? I've herd great things about the eyeliner and although its a bit pricy, do you think its worth the investment? Thanks :smile:

^^a bit of a late reply but i like urban decay's eyeliners a lot..
the color goes on really smoothly and stays put relatively well..
nice pigment and some really pretty color options ^_^

Thanks for replying ChrissyM! You helped me out a bit... I will be purchasing one on my next trip to Sephora! :smile:

I only have the 24/7 pencil in bourboun and I hate it. The color is nice and looks good when you first apply it, but for me it just does not stay in the waterline. I think something like mac coffee eye pencil or teddy eye kohl would be better for that (and cheaper too) but I guess if you just want to line your eyelids, the UD would be good.

I am absolutely dying for a naked palette. DYING.

I am in love with UD eyeshadow palettes & have volume 11 & 111 of the book of shadows. For some weird reason however I have never used the 24/7 pencils included. Might give it a try after reading the commets in here.

For my waterline, I have always and will always use only one pencil and that is Maybelline's retractable. It is the best no contest and kind on the wallet.

I just bought the 24/7 eyeliner in underground and I already LOVE it! It glides on so easily, unlike with other eyeliners which I have found to drag and hurt my eyes, plus the color really flatters my skin tone and my hair color (its strawberry blond color). I will certainly be buying more of the colors (I want to try Bourbon, Rockstar, and Stash... they all look gorgeous). :smile:

Hautelook had an urban decay sale not too long ago, and I ordered some of these eyeshadows for $2/each:
http://www.urbandecay.com/categories/LoosePigment.cfm

Unfortunately, all the regular eyeshadows and the makeup brushes that were also selling for $2/each were all sold out!

I haven't tried loose pigment eyeshadows. I'm used to pressed or cream shadows. Are they a pain to apply (they'll be delivered next week and I'll eventually find out myself - but I was just curious about other people's experiences)?

I'm thinking of getting the 24/7 eyeliner set for my best friend's birthday . . . do you guys find that most of the colors are wearable? Too often with sets like these at least half of the colors are "throwaways".

i bought the naked palette recently. does anyone else own it?

This may seem like a strange question, but years ago (I'm guessing 2002 or 2003?) I bought UD eyeshadows in Asphyxia and Hotpants and they were the most fantastic, intense, brilliantly pigmented colours ever. I lost them a while ago and I went to Sephora to replace them today, and they looked NOTHING like what I remember. Really weak, sheer, and generally blah. So have they changed many products over the last few years? I was so disappointed when I saw what they'd done to these two great shades.

aww i just finished my Asphyxia eyeshadow! that's sad to hear. it's my favorite purple - lavender, it's so easy to wear. maybe it was a bad batch? how are the testers quality?

i 2nd roisin's vote for MAC Teddy eye kohl. it doesn't stay the whole day on the waterline for me but it can look intense on there if freshly applied

i bought the naked palette recently. does anyone else own it?

I have it and I love it except for the two slate/navy shades as I never really use those types of colours on my eyes. I did try them out for a smoky look on a blue eyed friend though, and they looked amazing.

I have it as well and use it everyday! My favourites are definitely sidecar and darkhorse along with the two matte shades...naked and buck i think they're called. I agree with Belowen though, those two shades are untouched in my palette as well.

They've actually just brought out Naked 2...looks so similar though so I think I'm gonna have to pass. I'm sure people will go crazy for this one too.

naked 2 seems to be more well-suited towards lighter complexions. i have an olive skin tone and could tell those shades wouldn't work on me as the original

I love my naked palette and use it quite often. The shades from naked2 seem too similar so I probably won't be purchasing though I do like the swatches I've seen of the matte colors. I wish naked2 had more mattes then I would definitely purchase. I also like the packaging of naked2 much more. It seems way more sturdy than the original naked.

I can't wait to get my hands on the naked2 palette! I doubt it can beat the naked though (which I use nearly every day).

I'm finally gonna be able to buy the naked palette which I've wanted for sooo long,But now the Naked2 is out and I don't know which one I should get!!! Which one do you guys prefer better??? :flower:

I have both and I personally still use the first one more. The second one is nice too but I prefer the colors in the original a bit more, as well as the packaging, I think it's easier to open and I like that I can bend the cover back.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->