The Vampire's Wife X H&M

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by lucy92, Oct 24, 2020.

1. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

image source: Cosmopolitan.

This released last Thursday and is sold out online in the US.What did you think of the collection?

h-m-x-the-vampire-s-wife-7-1602069316.jpg h-m-x-the-vampire-s-wife-6-1602064188.jpg h-m-x-the-vampire-s-wife-5-1602063318.jpg h-m-x-the-vampire-s-wife-3-1602063066.jpg h-m-x-the-vampire-s-wife-8-1602081928.jpg h-m-x-the-vampire-s-wife-2-1602063877.jpg

2. RaisinBoy

RaisinBoy Well-Known Member

This is giving me major Emily in Paris vibes. Saint Laurent on budget. Ugh.

3. lauralynn025

lauralynn025 le monde est à moi

I like these looks! I don’t really wear dresses too often, but these ones are definitely more a style that I would go for.

4. jeanclaude

jeanclaude Well-Known Member

Where´s the garlic??

Benn98, entten and YohjiAddict like this.
  5. entten

entten Active Member

wouu, i expected something cool,because I actually like her dresses. the fabric is so cheap looking,the lace silvery one O___O also the shapes and the styling looks so cheap and bad taste, this is trash for me

6. lookieloo

lookieloo Member

It’s a no for me... and I’m a fan of The Vampires Wife.

7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

This will be H&M's worst-selling collab. The brand is too obscure, doubt most people across the globe know about them. Plus the actual pieces look like something you can find throughout the year at any international Zara.

Also, no menswear? Especially when there's such a huge interest for it right now?

8. GivenchyHomme

GivenchyHomme Well-Known Member

The brand is very popular amongst celebrities. I can't read an issue of US Weekly without spotting two or three women wearing it. However, these looks are nothing like the ones in the magazine. I don't know how in the Babydoll Lolita look is.

9. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

The clothes from the main line look like illustrations from a gothic story about a woman trapped in a house with no food, who’s been forced to make clothes from the rotting upholstery fabrics of the house that’s falling down around her, and who will shortly be reduced to eating the pages of her own diary for sustenance.

The idea that there’s an H&M version of this… I hope people enjoy their overpriced polyester curtains-as-clothing in time for Halloween. Miss Havisham on the cheap.

For a lot of people inclined to wear something like this, there's an existing super-abundance of companies and labels making similar clothes, who might not feature in fashion magazines, but will already be on the radar of anyone buying these clothes on this budget. The name behind this H&M collaboration will attract some people, but those who are into the look are already well-catered for elsewhere.

RedSmokeRise and Benn98 like this.
  10. lucy92

lucy92 Mod Squad Team Leader

I'm a fan of the Vampire's Wife and purchased each dress offered to try on.
    H&M did only under-the-radar collaborations this year. They are not spending huge money in print and TV advertisements in the US.

So perhaps these collections aren't meant to attract huge amounts of shoppers to the stores. In fact it would be unconscionable if they did as they would potentially spread the virus if people were queuing.

The Guiliva Heritage for H&M collection in September sold out in a few days online in the US. It was only advertised the month before in the run-up to the collection. Considering the collection mainly offered office/business friendly garments the collection did seemingly well.

The 2nd part of the Johanna Ortiz collection came out the third week in March - just when lockdown commenced in the US. Instead H&M just let the items languish on the website for months for end without markdown before selling them for 20-30% off. They were satisfied with the slow sell-through.

i saw the Vampire's Wife collection in store last Thursday. People were definitely queuing for it in NYC.

When i strolled in at 11:30 AM, there were 5 different shoppers checking out the designation section for the collection and when i went to check out, everyone in line had an item from the collection. A few of them were obvious resellers. One woman had purchased the set of 5 rings for $12.99 and set of 9 single earrings for $14.99 and was telling the lady with her how she was going to break them all up and resell each item individually. :rolleyes:

i purchased each dress to try on as I am a fan of the brand. The long dress was only available online - I was forced to get medium as my size (small) was sold out online. So far the collection fits true to size.

The silver mini dress is only $20 - it is a steal.