The vegetarian and vegan thread #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think there wouldn be that much of a difference since soy milk and other soy products have the protein and calcium to replace the dairy and eggs. I'm a vegetarian too and i've gotten pretty sick of eggs and the only dairy i have to cut out in ice cream but of course there's a soy replacement for everything so i should be fine lol...oh and i also need to stop eating shrimp.:innocent: (no replacement for that but oh well)

Last edited by a moderator:
ya, I think I am going to cut out the dairy and eggs because there is soy replacements for everything and that stuff is soo bad for you! And there is shrimp replacements but I don't know what it is...lol...I just know I've had it at a vegetarian cafe in Huntington beach CA and it was really good. It tasted and looked like shrimp. It was almost weird because I felt like I was eating meat.

Some soy products are just as bad if not worse than animal products, so keep that in mind :wink:

I am vegetarian as in I don't consume any dairy, eggs, red meat etc. The only animal product I can't let go of is cookies and bread. I am trying so hard, but I always seem to binge out on it after acouple of hours of saying 'no'.

How can I do it, it actually makes me feel sick, but I still eat it. I sometimes want to cry because I feel so weak, why can't I give up these stupid products?

I can't edit my previous post?

Anyways, I forgot to add that I don't take any suppliments or eat soy and I had a test last week, yesterday I went back to see the results and I am fine in all areas, however I think I might 'up' my iron levels.

After I take out the cookies and bread from my diet I will be a vegan, but it's so hard and I have no idea why.

I'm vegetarian...I take a multivitamin, vitamin C, Evening Primrose Oil, vitamin B complex, Flaxseed Oil, and a St.Johns wort everyday, allthough a couple probably have nothing to do with lack of nutrients...I just find it keeps the immune system up, non are prescription.

Lady Panties said:
Some soy products are just as bad if not worse than animal products, so keep that in mind :wink:

Really? How? :o

I've been a vegetarian since I was 11 years old - so 8 years now. I'm an lacto-ovo-vegetarian, so I still eat milk and eggs (no fish). I don't take any vitamins or supplements but I do get my blood tested every year. I try to make sure I get enough protein and so far, I've never had a problem with any deficiencies. I love it and honestly believe I'll be a vegetarian for the rest of my life. :smile:

Lady Panties said:

I am vegetarian as in I don't consume any dairy, eggs, red meat etc. The only animal product I can't let go of is cookies and bread. I am trying so hard, but I always seem to binge out on it after acouple of hours of saying 'no'.

How can I do it, it actually makes me feel sick, but I still eat it. I sometimes want to cry because I feel so weak, why can't I give up these stupid products?
I dont find bread stupid at all.....plus there are plenty of vegan friendly breads out there. Maybe you dont want to give it up because then you wont have any pleasure out of what you eat. Nothing wrong with that.:wink:

strawberry said:
I've been a vegetarian since I was 11 years old - so 8 years now. I'm an lacto-ovo-vegetarian, so I still eat milk and eggs (no fish). I don't take any vitamins or supplements but I do get my blood tested every year. I try to make sure I get enough protein and so far, I've never had a problem with any deficiencies. I love it and honestly believe I'll be a vegetarian for the rest of my life. :smile:

Nearly everything you've said goes for me as well, I've been a vegetarian since I was 11 as well, but it's only been 5 years for me. I'm also an lacto-ovo-vegetarian. It was honestly one of the best decisions I've made. I don't take any vitamins, but I make sure I get them all in my food.

Lady Panties said:

well at least soy products dont contain any hormones or pus:innocent: ... There are many vegan cookies and breads! Most of the breads you find at your super market are vegan, and try Alternative Baking Co.'s cookies, they are sold all over and they are better than any other cookie (vegan or non) i've ever had. good luck!

Sweets said:
try Alternative Baking Co.'s cookies, they are sold all over and they are better than any other cookie (vegan or non) i've ever had. good luck!
OMG.....my FAVORITE cookies.....the snickerdoodle is to DIE for.:P

i was thinkin about going vegie because I need to dramatically lower my cholestorol but im not sure I'm ready to give up white meat and fish just yet

I'm not really what you call a 'officialy' vegetariain. Somehow I just dont like the taste of meat and such.....I rather avoid it. Except for the monthly tune-thats the only "meat" I start to crave- its all fruits, cheese, yogurts, vegetabes, and bagels for me.

shoexgal said:
i was thinkin about going vegie because I need to dramatically lower my cholestorol but im not sure I'm ready to give up white meat and fish just yet

then just cut the meat and keep the fish and maybe give it up later. I still eat salmon every now and then:wink: oh Gardenburger makes awesome burgers, bacon and even CORN DOGS!:woot:

Good advice, Bonchic...going vegan (preferably macrobiotic, where you replace sugar and refined starches with malt/beet/maple sugars and whole grains) is the best thing you can do for cholesterol problems. But if not, "blue fish" (that's what we call it in Japan...the silvery kinds like salmon and mackerel) is also known to be very good for lowering cholesterol. Meanwhile, just start increasing your percentage of fresh veggies and substituting soy products for dairy.

Good luck, Shoexgal!! You won't regret it. Once you get over the initial withdrawal phase (not bad at all) and experience how amazing you look and feel, you won't believe you used to eat meat! :flower:

I'm still a pescotarian really which means I eat some dairy (like in bread) if I have milk I use soy but I do eat fish! I've been eating more fruits though^_^

SuperWalker said:
OMG.....my FAVORITE cookies.....the snickerdoodle is to DIE for.:P

i like the chocolate decadence? is that what its called? ... tastes like a chocolate donut...i'll have to try the snickerdoodle

Sweets said:
i like the chocolate decadence? is that what its called? ... tastes like a chocolate donut...i'll have to try the snickerdoodle
Yea, that was one of their "flavors of the month" but they might have made it an official new flavor! This months flavor is cranberry orange muffin.....its ok, but YES try that snickerdoodle!^_^

I thought macrobiotic meant that you eat foods that were grown locally so all the nutrients are still intact?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->