The Word On Fall's New Fragrances

Astrid21

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fashion Wire Daily NY August 14@ 2003
31836198.jpg

Beauty Bites: The Word on Fall's New Fragrances

By Jeannette Park and Stephen Milioti

Sister Act: To celebrate its 75th birthday, the house of Lanvin will soon fete its classic Arpege perfume by introducing a younger sister: Eclat d'Arpege. Using the same bottle and image of its older sibling, Eclat d'Arpege's purple juice comes from the prominent lilac and Sicilian lemon notes that permeate the fragrance. When Jeanne Lanvin created Arpege in 1927, she wanted to make a signature scent that would produce memories of her for her daughter; this time around, the fresh scent is meant to leave a memory of the wearer on everybody around her. While the Art Deco bottle for Eclat d'Arpege has the same emblematic image of a mother and child holding hands as the 1927 version, the innovative new stopper created by Lanvin designer Alber Elbaz is faux-diamond-topped with two brass rings, to symbolize the fashion house's renewal.

Dragon Kiss: Evoking a sense of mystery with its seductive vetiver scent, Cartier's Le Baiser du Dragon ("Kiss of the Dragon") gives more of a bite than a kiss. The heady fragrance, featuring sweet almond and neroli, is not for the faint of heart; its haunting notes linger on the skin well after it is applied. Bearing the same name as Cartier's newest Asian-inspired collection, both the jewels and the scent are meant to enchant the wearer. In fact, the crystal clear bottle -- with its stamped Chinese ideogram -- is jewel-like itself, topped off with a black lacquer stopper that doubles as a dagger, piercing the heart of the fragrance. ($80, 50-ml eau de parfum spray; available exclusively this Friday at the Fifth Avenue Cartier boutique and select Neiman Marcus stores, and worldwide September 15 at remaining Cartier and Neiman Marcus locations).

Fruit Full: A baby's breath version of its powerful signature eau de parfum fragrance, Gucci's Eau de Parfum II is a lighter juice that emanates feminine chic. Maintaining the original scent's musky base, the younger floral-fruity perfume combines mandarin and black currant with jasmine and heliotrope to produce a sophisticated, spontaneous scent. Packaged in the same architecturally flawless glass cube, the juice has transformed from a rich amber color into pale pink, for a touch of whimsy. ($65, 1.7oz; available fall 2003 at Gucci boutiques, Saks Fifth Avenue, Sephora and fine department stores nationwide).

And Two for the Guys: Any man who appreciates a little exclusivity in the scent department will be more than pleased with Anvers, from new fragrance company Ulrich Lang New York. It's available worldwide, but in the U.S., you can only get it in New York at Aedes de Venustas and Takashimaya. Scent-wise, it can be described as a modern classic: top notes of lime, mint and basil are tempered with violet, jasmine, sesame and honey; base notes of moss and leather make it unmistakably masculine. ($75, 3.4oz; www.ulrichlangnewyork.com) And Annick Goutal's about to make a big splash into the men's market with the fragrance "Duel," to be launched exclusively at Nordstrom in October. Classically packaged in a smoky amber glass bottle, it's a woody scent with hints of tobacco and leather musk. ($95, 3.3oz; available in October at Nordstrom stores and www.nordstrom.com).

I can't wait to smell the Lanvin fragrance. :flower:

Cartier's Le Baiser du Dragon--sounds like my kind of fragrance.

every fall i treat my self to a fragrance that is as romantic as Fall. Last year it was the warm and seductive frafrance Gucci that comes packaged in a heavy elegant flask in a chocolate brown box. This year I bought Hanae Mori. The cream is so yummy you want to eat it!! :P This fragrance has a perfect balance of warm and clean notes. Soft but sexy!

A fragrance I have come across that I am really loving is the new one by Liz Clainborn called Spark. I wasnt so crazy about the mens version but the woman's is divine. Perfect for fall and wearing under those soft fuzzy sweaters (or any other fashion that evokes visions of fall)

Astrid, Eclat, the new Lanvin's fragrance is not like " wow, sensational, original, mysterious"..the fragrance is very soft, floral, but it doesnt last that long, its a nice fragrance to wear on sleeptime, or maybe on weekends, when you dont want to smell that much. The bottle is cute though :innocent:

About Le Baiser du Dragon from Cartier, :woot: its a very dark, and oriental fragrance, :doh: ... I love the fragrance a lot, its very mysterious, multi faceted, and I love the presentation...

Recently, I bought CoSTUME NATIONAL intense, its a great parfum! the bottle is sleek, and the smell its cautivating...I absolutely adore it, and I think this can be my fragrance of the year, cause its new, its original, and it sets on skin perfectly, and it lasts a lot, so five starts for Costume National!

Today I tried Bel Amie from Hermes, and I love it :heart: its spicy, woody, oriental, and awfully strong...actually, I applied it like at 3:00pm, and i sniffed wrist right now, at 10:05pm and it still smells a lot...its radiant!

I also tried the new Gucci EDP ll for women, and I dont really like it, its very soft, and its not as good as the original one.

I got the chance to try the new Gucci for men, and its a very strong fragrance at first, Imagine James Dean or Marlon Brando when he was a hottie...its very woody.

I also tried YSL rive gauche for men and women, both are definitely lovely, I liked the women's best, its more elegant and avant garde, for a world's women.

Astrid... I just bought Eclat on my trip to Paris, and the bottle is so cute. I fell in love with the scent, it's light which is what I prefer.

=)

I love the sound of Le Baiser du Dragon. I am really into heavy scents & neroli is a favourite of mine. Hope it's available in the UK soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->