The YSL Makeup Thread

baaah I had a huge glop of foundation spew out today when I was trying to apply it and it dripped onto my skirt. I really do wish they would make a better applicator for it, even though the idea of the brush etc is nice!

I've never had any problems with it. You need to remember to click it back when you're done applying it, and then everything should go smoothly.

Thanks The_Ida I do click it back, I think I may have squeezed it too hard or something who knows...I really love what the foundation does to my skin.

I liked it as well, I just remember it as being a mit too matte for my liking... I do think I had a few mishaps though, mostly because I squeezed it too hard :lol:

What's the difference between Touche Eclat #1 (the original) and #2 (for fair skin with yellow undertones)? I have #2 now and like it a lot, but I might try #1 when I finish it.

The #1 is very pink.

Got my friend this nail polish for christmas:

yslultraorange3.jpg

mischobeauty.com

It's gonna look so pretty as a pedicure for summer :heart:

What a great color, Ida!

So if TE #1 is pink, would that make it better for counteracting blue undereye circles? hmm...

^It would...it didn't do it on me, but that's because it's too sheer. You need to put something yellow-toned on top anyway. Quite a useless product IMO, one might as well get a proper concealer or corrector.

That colour is going to be awesome for summer! And it was 50% off, yay! I might get one for myself too :lol:

Loving the shades on the new collection. I want to try out the creme blush :]

That orange nail polish is amazing! And the bottle is so posh. It's perfect for summer, indeed.

I love this blush - the Touche Blush in Coral. Natural, but still brings some colour to the cheeks. :heart: I think I might actually buy this for spring.
arizona3.jpg

intothegloss.com

I want one of their creme blushes instead...damn they look pretty! I'm not into powder blushes these days, for some reason

A new range of $30 lip balms entitled Volupte Sheer Candy (temptalia.com:(

• N°1 Lush Coconut A touch of deliciously golden freshness.
  • N°2 Dewy Papaya A discreet orange-pink pleasure.
  • N°3 Juicy Grapefruit A candy pink that sparks envy.
  • N°4 Succulent Pomegranate A sinful desire for a fruity pink.
  • N°5 Mouthwatering Berry A bite of the forbidden fruit.
  • N°6 Luscious Cherry A candy delight.
The Yves Saint Laurent woman. She loves for the pleasure of loving. She listens to her desires. Her secret? VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY, a lip balm with a heart of color. Seduction, sensuality and temptation, bordering on sinfulness.

“VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY, the voluptuous luxury of a new, softly radiant, deeply hydrating veil of color. Her smile seductive with six of the sheerest, silky glamorous colors imaginable.” — Lloyd Simmonds, Make-Up Artist International Yves Saint Laurent

Six brilliant shades, an enchanting fragrance and the enticement of candy sugar. VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY, irresistible. Melting, fresh, fruity. An appetizing mango fragrance available in six radiant candy shades. Elegant lipstick, sensual gloss, comforting care. An invitation to the senses, a hymn to the beauty of each woman. Sensual textures, brilliant colors, lip biting pleasure. A glossy balm as intoxicating as it is voluptuous for luscious and infinitely desirable lips. Colorful, luxurious, luscious.

VOLUPTÉ SHEER CANDY, the pleasure of indulgence. Modern elegance.The subtle juxtaposition of the opulence of yellow gold and the refined brilliance of white gold. The transparent color of a ring, set with the golden YSL logo. Veils of color, like so many possible temptations. Object of every desire, of every pleasure. Sinful envy.

For her, passionately, an ultra comfortable and ultra rich texture that becomes one with the skin and glides perfectly onto the lips. For her, intensely, a divine sensation thanks to emollients that instantly soften, comfort and smooth lips for up to four weeks after application. For her, lovingly, intense hydration for up to eight hours after application. The magic of hyaluronic acid microspheres trap water in the uppermost layers of the epidermis, filling the smallest line and leaving lips dangerously pulpy. For her, exclusively, lips protected by the antioxidant virtues of pomegranate, rosemary and gamma oryzanol to slow ageing. For her, irresistibly, sublime colors thanks to mineral pigments that reinforce the brilliance and shine of each shade. For her, excessively, the tempting sensuality of fresh mango and bright, devilishly gourmand colors.

Available May 2011.

^ I got Luscious Cherry yesterday and I LOVE it! I want to get all of them, they're going to be great for summer

^ Here's a swatch for you :smile: (# 6) It actually looks lighter on my skin than it does on my lips but my lips are pretty pigmented

My own pic

^It looks so yummy! You know what else is good for summer? The Rouge Pure Shine in Frozen Mango :brows: BTW what is the difference between these formulas? Is the Volupte Sheer Candy more pigmented? :unsure:

I've wanted this for ages, it's so pretty on :wub:
ysl1.jpg
ysl2k.jpg

1st pic is true to colour :D

It's kind of crazy paying that much for something that isn't that pigmented, but the packaging alone is worth it. Even my BF thinks it's awesome :lol:

^wow that is so gorgeous! I need it in my life The Ida! Why did you have to bring it into my life? LoL! I am all about the sheer, slightly pink/peach lips at the moment due to a bit of a tan I have worked up and I think it would suit it perfectly.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->