How old is this kid anyway:shock:?

8442090710previewgc3.jpg

8441774910previewap4.jpg

8441776210previewdh0.jpg

8441779210previewzz1.jpg

8441780610previewbk9.jpg

8441779610previewlh8.jpg

coutorture

i agree, it's such a McQueen/JPG hybrid. very sexy though. but i'm more taken aback by the fact that Mugler is showing!

i thought he retired!

it's got quite a mafia vibe to it.....

^I wonder if Thomas Engel Hart is still designing for Mugler Homme since he has been doing so since 2005 I think

I think Rosemary Rodriguez is doing menswear as well.

Some of this I like for the ridiculous factor. I mean that white goat/yak fur coat? I'd totally wear that because it's insane looking. Same goes for the black jacket with the whole fox collar.

As a collection, if you can call a random assortment of other designer's past work a collection, I can't help but wonder, where's the Mugler in any of this? That white shirt with the attached harness is about as close as any of this comes.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually kind of like this...a lot. I especially love the looks with the riding boots (I need to find a pair for myself).

Even though the collection, at first glance, doesn't seem that coherent, I actually think each look represents different alpha male characters...whether it be the Red Baron, the top Hollywood studio director of the 1930's, the Lord of the Manor, Howard Hughes, the rock star, etc...and that sort of ties it all together.

And it looks like it's the venue Givenchy Haute Couture shows in.
muglermensfw09.jpg

(gettimages)

^I wonder if Thomas Engel Hart is still designing for Mugler Homme since he has been doing so since 2005 I think

Like what spike413 had mentioned, rosemary rodriguez's now the designer for mugler homme as well:wink:

Thomas Engelhart's contract ended in fall 08. But I think rosemary did a better job in interpreting mugler as compared to thomas.

I really like the boots and a few leather pants but that's it.

And the model who opened the show is called "Ash Stymest", he's 17 and BEAUTIFUL, I love him so much.

:heart::heart::heart:

It's colourful and creative. I don't see the original Mugler aesthetic in all of them, and there doesn't seem to have a message or solid theme.

some pieces make me think to a Chalayan women's collection (SS 07 i guess), fitted latex legs... That's a good collection, the shiny touch is nice

The looks are coherent enough but the vaudeville factor needs to be toned down a lot. The customer seems like someone living in a costume ball bubble.
Where is the reality factor or a modern twist?

i think this collection is a mess. it looks incoherent and mostly derivitave. and it's hard for me to see much of the thierry mugler spirit.

Leather pants!? Stay away from me!

I'll guess we'll have to agree to differ on this: I love the leather pants. I do agree that some of the ensembles are a bit ... different ... but for the most part, I love the pants.

Oh well, that's the beauty of fashion: there's something for everyone :wink:

Exactly ! Leather pants are the last pieces i will hate .

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->