Thigh high boots--gone for good?

leolaushman

Reaction score
Well it has been a long time since my last post but I was wondering if anyone has changed their opinion on thigh high boots being slutish versus stylish? I know that some time ago the opinion was what you wore with them determined the look you gave off. Has that changed to more of the attitude that one gives off rather than what you wear it with? I see the morning news hosts have gone back to knee high boots and scared themselves away from thigh highs. I guess public opinion does rule out personal style. I am sorry if someone feels this thread is not posted in the right place.

i think thigh high boots can be so chic when done right. by the right person. with the right boots.

but the other 99% of the population... no.

Well, I would personally never ever wear them. But some people can pull them off and if you can, then good for you!

I can't find a picture but Sienna Miller has pulled them off decently in the past.

oceanharlot said:
i think thigh high boots can be so chic when done right. by the right person. with the right boots.

but the other 99% of the population... no.

I agree. I think they can be very sexy without being sl*tty. if designers like hussein chalayan and veronique branqhuino (who are as far from making sex their design mantra) put them on the runway, they can certainly be done right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CupcakesTulip
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->