Thom Browne F/W 2016.17 New York

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by jexxica, Feb 15, 2016.

1. jexxica

jexxica Moderator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

2. jexxica

jexxica Moderator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

3. jexxica

jexxica Moderator

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    vogue.com

4. mistress_f

mistress_f Hell on Heels

Im obsessed with this collection.
    Deconstructed 20s-30s attire... I'm in in love with every single thing

(the vogue.com photos are a bit grim, they make the collection look a lot sadder than it is. Nowfashion has brighter images)

5. pen6693

pen6693 New Member

It looks absolutely haunting, in such a good way!!! Everything about this collection is perfect.

6. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

If Kawakubo, Schiaparelli, McQueen & Margiela had a child, this is what it will look like.
    This is great. While the first part of the collection is typical Thom Browne, the middle and last parts are great. The deconstruction create a whole new nonchalant attitude and the play on ties is a nice touch of surrealism.

I love this type of "performance" fashion because it still has a touch of reality. The knits and the cropped pants in the beginning...:wub:

7. Pricciao

Pricciao Active Member

^ You are right about Schiaparelli, this surrealism is absolutely gorgeous. The cuttings have that light weight look that they seems just bouncing out off the ground, floating in the wind, not just the magic of sculpted ties, but the outfits too. His destructed blazer as the item part this time creates an even stronger vision impact, it's something I'll be thinking about more so often in the future. Good job, Thom!

8. dior_couture1245

dior_couture1245 Fat Karl

This is really good!! I can always appreciate Thom's collections as feats of imagination and execution, but I don't always LOVE them, or they aren't always my taste. Oftentimes I find his style too stilted and prim.

But this collection is fabulous! I love the draped jackets coming undone in every which way. A real glamorous and sensual collection. Love seeing this more louche side from Thom.

9. vetements

vetements Member

Never thought I'll say this about thom browne, but this is just breathtaking, love how understated the luxe is, even without the fur. Doesn't feel it's a nyfw collection at all.

10. Salvatore

Salvatore Wanderlust

I would not mind Thom Browne for Dior.
    This is very good.

11. Phuel

Phuel Well-Known Member

Thom has vision beyond the inventive theatrics.

I love his offerings on the rack as much as I love his presentations. He’s part of the Brothers Grimm of high fashion whose got that Rumpelstilskin madness, and discipline to his designs. He truly belongs in the same pantheon as Rei, Gaultier, Galliano, Gigli, McQueen, Alaia, Margiela and Yohji.