Thom Browne F/W 2020.21 Paris

Another repetitive surrealist circus parade, full of his neverending obsessions: anthropomorphic animals, clowns; and adults dressed as toddlers...

Nice jackets, nice coats, nice skirts...I find all those theatrics quite annoying for such a commercial collection. At one point, Thom will have to find something else to bring excitement into his collections...

this might just be my least favourite collection of the whole month, and that’s putting it nicely. All these cutesy irrelevant clothes in a presentation that is almost shameful in its waste. This is so out of touch with the times it’s tragic. Pass

My God, how long is going to drag out this winter wonderland menagerie???? Sheesh... All these shows and showpieces are the equivalent of Marge Simpson resewing the Chanel suit she found at an off-road outlet a million different ways. I adore his reinvention of a couture-y, preppy unisex Pee Wee Herman archetype, just that I couldn’t care less for his slogging shows: They are instantly forgettable. Looking forward to what shows up at the shops, tho.

can somebody tell me who buys thom browne? how is the brand doing? the big hype about him was more than 10 years ago - and he didn't deliver a bestseller since then...

can somebody tell me who buys thom browne? how is the brand doing? the big hype about him was more than 10 years ago - and he didn't deliver a bestseller since then...
He has a cult following similar to Rick Owens, Hedi, Junya or Tom Ford. Obviously, he is very big in Asia but he has quite a worldwide success. The people who are regularly buying and religiously following TB (or any brand for that matter) are not excited by the same things as people who just follow season from season. A new lapel or a less shrunken silhouette is enough to be excited!

A hype never last decades...Even more with the brand founder still at the helm. His brand is growing in the right way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->